Action cues Minority Report

PetePan

I just heard the 4 clips at fimtracks.com, and I have to admit regretfully that track 10 (Anderton's great escape) has again the this action theme from the Lost World as a basis.

On one hand I like this, since I more and more start to like TLW, but on the other hand, it isn't quite original... he used the theme also in the Quidditch march already.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll love Minority Report then :)

:music: Minority Report, Great score, not as good as AOTC though

It's kind of Total Recall mixed with Herrmann.

:music: Minority Report, Great score, not as good as AOTC though.

:?

It's kind of Total Recall mixed with Herrmann.

:music:

Ricard - Who likes Bernard Herrman but dislikes AOTC :? and Total Recall :)

I just heard the 4 clips at fimtracks.com, and I have to admit regretfully that track 10 (Anderton's great escape) has again the this action theme from the Lost World as a basis.

On one hand I like this, since I more and more start to like TLW, but on the other hand, it isn't quite original... he used the theme also in the Quidditch march already.

I think that in love pledge and arena it appears too.

is this John williams new signature??

John Williams launched the year with a fantastic exultant piece in "Call of the Champions," but he hasn't impressed considerably since then.

Minority Report continues his disturbing trend of increasingly prosaic, hackneyed action cues that are rife with sonic intensity and orchestrational intricacy but which are utterly bereft of emotional immersion on any level.

I do miss the John Williams of '97, who seemed to bring a unique creative sensibility to each successive project.

Minority Report continues his disturbing trend of increasingly prosaic, hackneyed action cues that are rife with sonic intensity and orchestrational intricacy but which are utterly bereft of emotional immersion on any level.

Horsesh*t!!!!!! Anderton's Great Escape is an exciting cue!

Action cues have emotion in them? What kind of action music are you listening to? Or what kind of emotion are you talking about?

~Harry

The best part of "Anderton's Great Escape" was the end when John gets away in the Lexus and the big Indy-style fanfare plays. The rest of it was pathetic.

"Pre-Crime to the Rescue" was PERFECT for that scene. Not only was the editing making you gnaw your fingernails off, but the music made it ten times worse. You were like, "Come on, John! Get up there faster! Stop Marks! Stop him!" THAT was suspense!

I thought "Everybody Runs" wasn't all that bad. It sounded a tad bit like "Chase Through Coruscant", but not all that much. If you listen to it a lot, eventually it'll divorce itself from sounding like AOTC.

I thought the Leo Crow cue (when John beat the snot out of Leo) sounded a LOT like "Tusken Camp" when Anakin looked up, holding his dead mother, and the strings just go chaotic and you think, "Aww man! He's ticked!" You definitely get the same feeling from John's action and profanity.

The cue where the cops busted into Lara's home to arrest John sounded really cool, with a CE3K brass sound to it. Just too cool.

Action cues have emotion in them? What kind of action music are you listening to? Or what kind of emotion are you talking about?

~Harry

Why, excitement of course :)