Leia's "memories" (possible spoilers)

Luke - "Do you remember your mother, your real mother."

And, at that time, Leia thought Organa was her real mother. Unless Luke wanted her to distinguish her mother from all the nannies a child raised by royalty would have.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why didn't Beru and Owen just make Luke their own, and never let him know about his real parents?

Because Luke needs to be an orphan in order to be a proper Romantic hero. And that's a question that could have been asked in 1977, too.

Beautiful, but sad. Died when I was very young. All of this clearly refers to Padme IMO. I don't think there's really any decent explanation for this. George needs to fix Jedi! I actually have no objection to this whatsoever. It's hardly the tightest of the SW films, and I'd take Padme's death in ROTS over Leia's speech in Jedi any day. I've just re-watched Jedi with the audio commentary, and most of the things that are said are complaints about how the film turned out. "The rancor wasn't as good as we'd hoped", "The sailbarge assault wasn't as well edited as we'd hoped", etc etc. As the final film in the whole SW shebang, and given that GL has already altered the films so much already, I wouldn't object to Jedi getting a bit more tweaking. Besides, look at the awesome new digital shot of the speeders zooming through the forest on one of the menu screens. If they could add a few digital shots to the speeder bike chase and replace some of the dodgier ones in the existing cut I think this film would be elevated. I don't know why George missed the opportunity to fix the Rancor, and speeder bikes, and the black splodge insid the Emperor's hood, deciding instead to turn Jabba's palace band into a cartoon sequence! GRRR. And no, I'm not kidding here, I say CHANGE JEDI SOME MORE! There, I said it in caps!

George needs to fix Jedi!

The understatement of the year.

I actually have no objection to this whatsoever.

He can't make it any worse.

I've just re-watched Jedi with the audio commentary, and most of the things that are said are complaints about how the film turned out. "The rancor wasn't as good as we'd hoped", "The sailbarge assault wasn't as well edited as we'd hoped", etc etc.

Any comments about the awful story?

If they could add a few digital shots to the speeder bike chase and replace some of the dodgier ones in the existing cut I think this film would be elevated.

Altering a handful of effects shots will not make up for the more important deficiencies in this movies, like the story and the characters.

I don't know why George missed the opportunity to fix the Rancor

The 2004 DVD has improved the compositing of many of the rancor shots.

and the black splodge insid the Emperor's hood

I've never seen these. I'm guessing that when shown on a monitor that is properly adjusted for brightness and contrast they are invisible.

CHANGE JEDI SOME MORE!

It's easier to just ignore it.

Neil

and the black splodge insid the Emperor's hood

I've never seen these. I'm guessing that when shown on a monitor that is properly adjusted for brightness and contrast they are invisible.

You can clearly see it in the screenshot below. Directly left of his eye. It's also visible on the DVD editions.

emperor.jpg

Not that you need another reason to hate Jedi, but anyway.

- Marc

Friends, friends... Let´s just forget about these movies and concentrate on the MUSIC!!! I mean, that´s why we´re here after all. Right? :fouetaa:

I have had the same thought, what I came up with is that she's taking about her adoptive mother maybe... or GL didnt think of it and didnt have time to re-shoot it....

What about that:

LUKE: You know him!

BEN: Well of course I know him. He's me! I haven't gone by the name Obi-Wan since oh, before you were born.

Did old Kenobi made a mistake or it is another plot hole?

What about that:

LUKE: You know him!  

BEN: Well of course I know him. He's me! I haven't gone by the name Obi-Wan since oh, before you were born.  

Did old Kenobi made a mistake or it is another plot hole?

I don't get what you're asking. I think you're insinuating that he was called Obi-wan after the twins were born. That may be true, given that he and Yoda talked on Tantive IV about his training on Tatooine.

But I think that when he arrived on Tatooine, which was very shortly after the births, he decided to change his name, since he was no longer really a Jedi, and was hiding out from the Sith.

After but not before!

Well. Alec Guinness delivered this line as it was some long time before Luke was born.

Since it was pivotal point in the story He can't just muddle it.

The line now should be: I haven't gone by the name Obi-Wan since oh, you were born.

But it isn't. Only one word but different meaninng = Plot hole.

omg

Just assume he was referring to his previous life... before they were born, he was Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi, and after they were born, he lived in exile on Tatooine under the name Ben Kenobi...

good lord people!