The Official "The Walking Dead" TV Show Discussion Thread (Beware Spoilers)

BLUMENKOHL

Bates Motel is definitely lower tier stuff, but still pretty good. Haven't seen Hannibal though, so can't judge there (though I'm hesitant to check it out).

Farhpgo may not be on Breaking Bad's level, but it's a great tribute to original, managing to capture its tone in atmosphere and characters and still be a beast of its own.

Anything that lists Firefly that high as the #7 "best TV show of all time" is null and void (I liked Firefly well enough, but I would draw a pretty thick line between "great" and "fun," and Firefly falls squarely on the latter side.

It's aggregating users' votes. Where's the issue?

It is aggregating the votes of the kind of people who rate things on IMDB, which I would think is a very narrow subset of viewers (myself included, of course) that trends toward the young and geeky.

So you like cozy campfire chats, nightscaper? To hear people talk about themselves is the worst kind of character development I can imagine.

I didn't mind it for someone like Daryl, who never talks about himself, or much in general. He keeps so much hidden that I accepted his chat with Beth about the type of person he was without thinking it lacked creativity. He was the one that needed to say it; get it out in the open; admit certain things to himself about his past and his relationship with his brother. Like getting the poison out.

Alex, is this show great? And I'm talking Breaking Bad great?

Over rated.

Every one knows the wire is better.

Steef would really enjoy The Walking Dead actually. It's an inconsistent but always watchable piece of pulp, one of two still ongoing shows I bother to follow. The production value is of a very high standard in TWD, which certainly works in its favor.

It also has those great wow factor moments like Game of Thrones. Some truly gut wrenching shocks in there, and it's at the those times that it touches on brilliance.

Yesterday's episode was completely destroyed by the reuniting of Glen and Maggie. I'm slightly intrigued by Terminus though ... what kinda place is it really? Just one woman cooking food? Where is everyone else?! (Twilight Zone theme ... or TWD theme, of course).

I think Steef will enjoy it too but for now he only wants the cream of the crop and I can't sell as such.

Alex

The Sopranos ... you will love it to death.

You're talking god tier here, BB and True Detective levels of quality. The Walking Dead is in some ways the visceral thrill seeking lesser alternative to those.

You're talking god tier here, BB and True Detective levels of quality.

Steef wants that kinda quality.

I haven't seen True Detective so personally I can't say if it's cream of the crop golden age TV. I'm only assuming that it's up there with the very best.

You're talking god tier here, BB and True Detective levels of quality.

Steef wants that kinda quality.

In this instance, you mean. He possibly does. But only in this instance.

I never saw The Wire, so your "every one" has an asterisk

Every one knows even when they haven't seen it Wojo.

Stefan like every hour long show on television the Walking Dead is just another soap. Except it has Darryl and all other shows don't.

I like the final episode of S4 even though the very last line was so hilariously cheesy ... But the scene with Daryl's new gang and the palpable tension when Rick & Co enter Terminus ... Wow!

The last line of dialogue was very controversial, Alex!

AMC pulled rank and made them shoot an alternate, which ended up being used. It COMPLETELY undermined the finale, stupid execs.

I was hoping for it to end with:

Sheriff: "They are going to feel pretty stupid when they find out ..."

Character 1: "Find out?!"

Character 2: "Find out what, Rick?"

Fade to black ...Main theme ...

MASSIVE CGI BATTLE TO SAVE THE EARTH WITH DOGFIGHTING SPACESHIPS.

Fade to black ...Main theme ...

That's how I wanted it to end. The last line was such a cheesy anti-climax.

It's a post-watershed show with guns, explosions and zombies, but saying the 'F' word is out of the question. What the hell?

The last line of dialogue was very controversial, Alex!

AMC pulled rank and made them shoot an alternate, which ended up being used. It COMPLETELY undermined the finale, stupid execs.

it worked fine, the word FUCK can not be used on free tv in this country. No one pulled rank. They know the rules on tv and they felt a beeep would have undermined the ending. If you need to hear the word it's in that Leo movie from last year about 300 times.

Perhaps that is a poor choice of words but basic cable must follow free tv rules. Subscription tv can say what they want.

basic cable must follow free tv rules. Subscription tv can say what they want.

You are wrong.

The FCC *only* regulates over the air broadcasts.

ALL cable channels are free to do WHATEVER they want. Most CHOOSE not to show / say anything they want because they would lose their advertisers.

Fine I'm wrong but the f word shouldn't be used on tv in a lot of people's minds.

Hey! My version said "screwing"! But no, it isn't better. No really, it would've been a true cliffhanger without the cheesy cliche line. Then we would've wondered what Rick is referring to. What is it we don't know?! At least, it would have been intriguing. They had gold in their hands and they didn't see it.

Alex

Way to go, Maria Covarubios!

Marita Covarrubias!

That's who she'll always be to me.

Hey! My version said "screwing"!

That's how it was for everyone. The "cursing" version was included on the blu ray, thankfully.

Apparently it's how the comic ended.

It is.