They should leave Hobbiton as it is after shooting and build a nice Shire theme park/resort around it. I am sure the local farmer who owns the land would not mind people tramping there at all hours of the day for the rest of his life.

They should leave Hobbiton as it is after shooting and build a nice Shire theme park/resort around it.

Yeah, and they should have built rollercoasters, like The Green Dragon's Unfortunate Flight, and stores selling hobbit pipe-weed (Samwise's Good Ol' Pot), or even shows like Gandalf's Fireworks Extravaganza. FUCK YEAH!

You should like totally send those suggestions to PJ like.

Oooh and my wish came true. From the article:

It was also announced today that the Hobbiton set near Matamata would be left intact permanently as an enhancement to the existing tourist attraction there.

Bring on the theme park rides PJ!

Oooh and my wish came true. From the article:

It was also announced today that the Hobbiton set near Matamata would be left intact permanently as an enhancement to the existing tourist attraction there.

Yeah, but no word on a potential Samwise's Good Ol' Pot store. :(

I want my hobbit pipe-weed fix! :banghead:

I can just imagine your face if there was a Good Ol' Pot store and they would naturally sell flower pots since Sam was a gardener. :P

In other news, a report from the set courtesy of Ain't it Cool News:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/51787

If they did that, I'd burn it to the ground, I would enslave all store owners, and I would force them to acknowledge me as their master and call me Sharkey.

What a sneaky way to start drug trafficing and growing your own weed.

Perhaps this is the way the vision in Galadriel's mirror will come true. Burning Hobbiton, hobbits in chains...

Creepy accuracy. I hope they make the Ol' Pot the way you like it. I would hate for the desolation to come true.

Incanus already linked to that article 5 posts above yours

And yea that's annoying Frodo is in the movie at all, let alone a pre-ring Frodo

Incanus already linked to that article 5 posts above yours.

He edited his post, that old Finnish faggot!

BloodBoal, would you ease the name calling a bit even though it is part of your charming personality and conversational style. The allitteration of that particular pairing is effective but I would prefer a bit more civilized language, especially as you are refering to me as a bundle of kindle.

I think Shore may have started writing music a bit earlier still but I can't believe there are recording sessions commencing now when the film is coming out at the end of next year. Could be that there is some diegetic music to be recorded earlier, the Dwarf songs etc. but as BloodBoal said it is too early.

EDIT: RECORDING sessions? Wow. Way too early. Maybe writing the music, yes, but recording it? No way in hell. It will mean record the music more than a year before the film release. Impossible

Not really. Shore recorded part of the score for Fellowship in an early stage of the production with the New Zealand Symphony Orchestra.

EDIT: RECORDING sessions? Wow. Way too early. Maybe writing the music, yes, but recording it? No way in hell. It will mean record the music more than a year before the film release. Impossible

Not really. Shore recorded part of the score for Fellowship in an early stage of the production with the New Zealand Symphony Orchestra.

That was an exception since the Moria sequence was to be featured in Cannes. Unless they are doing a preview this time around as well I doubt the actual recording sessions for the score have commenced yet.

Not to mention John Williams recorded the score for Tintin in 2009. ;)

He composed it in 2009 (May-August) and recorded in early 2010 (aprx. 55-60 mins. of music)

Then there were pickup sessions in 2011 (somewhere in August) (aprx. 50-60 mins.)

I hope to receive accurate information soon

But I believe the entire film was scored in the 2010 sessions, and the 2011 sessions were only for re-written cues, such as all the inserts with the slow treasure theme

Well, I get this information from organizers of Ghent film music festival, where was Shore listed as one of the guests. They told me that he had to cancel his trip to Ghent, because he is in New Zealand and recording new music for Peter Jacksons new movie. So...? Did PJ making something else? ... TINTIN 2? =-O

Well, I get this information from organizers of Ghent film music festival, where was Shore listed as one of the guests. They told me that he had to cancel his trip to Ghent, because he is in New Zealand and recording new music for Peter Jacksons new movie. So...? Did PJ making something else? ... TINTIN 2? =-O

Well then Shore most likely is there for the Hobbit. :) Doug Adams has been very quiet about the Hobbit scores for a while now on his blog. Perhaps I'll ask him if he knows anything about this.

It's very likely to be source music recorded now to be played on set / choreographed to on set; Or general theme cues to give an idea of what he is going for. There's no way he's recording actual underscore cues since Jackson is still filming and wouldn't have taken the time to finish cutting any entire sequences I wouldn't think.

It's also possible he recorded music for a teaser, like he did with ROTK. It's likely we'll get the first teaser attached to some film this December (probably Tintin in the US) since the film opens next December. The first teaser for LOTR appeared in January 2001 (attached to 13 Days of all movies)

Well then Shore most likely is there for the Hobbit. :) Doug Adams has been very quiet about the Hobbit scores for a while now on his blog. Perhaps I'll ask him if he knows anything about this.

He's currently in NZ. He's not currently recording anything.

... And that's all you're getting out of me!

D

The above discussion reminds me of the Hollywood in Vienna discussion session last year. No matter how often Shore said that he wasn't currently attached to The Hobbit, people kept asking if he had already written any music for it. And when the discussion was over, the organiser said in conclusion that Shore was currently writing the music for it. Not surprisingly, Shore looked slightly troubled by the end of the whole thing.