John Williams SNF Interview

chinaismine

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoyed that interview a lot. Williams certainly seems very spry for his age, it's good to see that. What was that face he made after the cutoff during that shot of him conducting? He either was stung by a hornet or was enjoying that music far too much.

williamsstrange.jpg

~Sturgis, who always enjoys hearing Williams speak and loved seeing him so energetic

Loved everyone's input, but I really wanted to know how to save this one to my hard drive...

C'mon, someone should know the trick!!!

Yep, I can make a copy of the video with Camtasia Studio 4.

I'll get it done this weekend, and send you the file.

Pete

I enjoyed that interview a lot.  Williams certainly seems very spry for his age, it's good to see that.  What was that face he made after the cutoff during that shot of him conducting?  He either was stung by a hornet or was enjoying that music far too much.

williamsstrange.jpg

~Sturgis, who always enjoys hearing Williams speak and loved seeing him so energetic

His "oh" face?

BTW, your avatar is cracking me up.

^Yeah, Sturgis's avatar is pretty hilarious. LOL

I also noticed that crazy emotional expression when the piece was finished. I couldn't imagine being that passionate about a football cue.

He got a similar look of concentration at the end of Battle of the Heroes, if you watch the webdoc at starwars.com My guess is that he is listening to the final chord, making sure it sounds the way he wants it. Maybe it also has to do with the issue of "on the air" so to speak. By that, I mean that the red light is still on and he is making sure that the orchestra is still aware of it. Just some ideas.

The Force?

The Force is what gives a composer his power. It's a musical field created by all instrumental things. It surrounds and penetrates. It binds the orchestra together.

Loved everyone's input, but I really wanted to know how to save this one to my hard drive...

C'mon, someone should know the trick!!!

Yep, I can make a copy of the video with Camtasia Studio 4.

I'll get it done this weekend, and send you the file.

Pete

Pete, that would be really great, mainly if you can get it into hq mpeg file.