• Striptease
    • Se7en
    • The Silence of the Lambs

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem is, none of those movies would be the same without their Howard Shore scores.

And if anything, Williams would most likely ruin Se7en or Silence of the Lambs. Especially Se7en. I cannot imagine anything being better for the entire end Desert scene than what Shore delivered.

And Striptease has a 5 minute score. ;)

And if anything, Williams would most likely ruin Se7en or Silence of the Lambs.  Especially Se7en.  I cannot imagine anything being better for the entire end Desert scene than what Shore delivered.

Indeed.

I don't know Striptease, and I've never been that excited about the Aviator score (too little polyphony in too many pseudo fugues)... but then, I haven't yet seen that movie, and with Shore, that often makes a big difference.

Aviator,because it would have a flying theme.Can't be enough Williams flying themes

You really are hopeless. We already got some great JW flying music in 04' for PoA. Shore's music for The Aviator is fantastic, particularly the inspired flying music.

I don't know Striptease, and I've never been that excited about the Aviator score (too little polyphony in too many pseudo fugues)... but then, I haven't yet seen that movie, and with Shore, that often makes a big difference.

I think you should definately check it out. I thought it was a great movie, and Shore's work enhances the film very well (Again, particularly the flying sequences). It's really amazing how Shore captured Hughes musically...one of the best biopics I've seen, and the best score for one.

And I know what you mean about hearing Shore scores before seeing the movies....when I first heard The Aviator theme, I thought it sounded like a weak LoTR impression.

Not really. Most of it is cut out. They used Bach instead, which kind of makes sense.

None of it was cut. Shore said he was so inspired by the film tha the decided to expand on his work for the album. His cue 'Icarus' was written for a scene that Shore knew Scorsese had already planned on using the Bach fugue for. A shame, because it is a brilliant cue, one of the best in recent years, but Shore wrote it knowing it would only appear on the album.

Aviator,because it would have a flying theme.Can't be enough Williams flying themes

You really are hopeless. We already got some great JW flying music in 04' for PoA. Shore's music for The Aviator is fantastic, particularly the inspired flying music.

[.

ok,well I can't remember it,nor can I remember it made me think,hey I gotta get the OST.

K.M.

His score to Se7en doesn't really scream "buy me" either, and yet it's absolutely perfect for its movie. The finale is stunning.

Howard shore had great scores for LOTR,

And before that, too. :wave:

[.

ok,well I can't remember it,nor can I remember it made me think,hey I gotta get the OST.

K.M.

I'd listen again. Some of the best and most original flying music ever.

Except for King Kong, apparently.

There are some moments in JNH's Kong that sound like Shore, especially the ending.

TLW should give everyone an idea of what a Williams Kong might sound like.