"Any post was there . . . per chance?"

Goldsmithfan

Today I just knew my latest CD order was going to arrive.

I went to the mailbox and there it was.

Excited, I cut the tape at the end and opened the box up. As I pulled the CDs out, I was greeted by the captivating gaze of the lovely Mathilda May.

If only that had happened when I opened the door to check the mail . . .

Anyway, my CD player is totally taking a dump and I don't trust it to play limited edition albums (or any pressed stuff for that matter) so I've got to wait before I get a chance to listen to Lifeforce!!!!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

I hate when that happens.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are no "non practicing Amish". You're either an Amish, or you're not, end of story.

Amish is like fish.

In that it has no plural.

Also, it rhymes. Sweet.

Either way, I'm surprised you only have one CD player - and a crappy one at that, apparently. Are you going to buy a new one before you listen to this disc or something?

"Think you're really rightous? Think you're pure in heart? Well, I know I'm a million times as humble as thou art."

~ Amish Paradise

Well excuse a brother for being a poor honky!

Been down that road myself. I remember when my first CD player went to crap and I couldn't listen for months.

He can't be Amish. Then he wouldn't have any.

He doesn't use it. Does that make him an aspiring Amish?

How can he be an Amish?

Amish people doesn't have any or use any modern technologies such as CD players, radios and transportation like cars or buses or trucks!

They got their own culture seperated from the modern society.

He can't be Amish. Then he wouldn't have any.

He doesn't use it. Does that make him an aspiring Amish?

How can he be an Amish?

Amish people doesn't have any or use any modern technologies such as CD players, radios and transportation like cars or buses or trucks!

They got their own culture seperated from the modern society.

Not only that, but this post was put up on the Internet. <_<

Although, if I remember correctly, we . . . I mean, the Amish are allowed a period of time in their teens when they're allowed to join the technological culture and decide which they wish to live with. However, if they choose to go for the tech life, they're disowned.

Sometimes I wish I'd stayed on the farm.

No CD drive on your computer?

Neil

I'd rather not listen to it at all than listen to it on the computer. But, luckily, I've got a CD player to listen to the new CDs on. It's not the best, but it'll get me by until I can afford something better in the (hopefully) near future.

Why not listen to it on the computer? If it's the ruddy speakers, I say you need a good pair of headphones.

Although, for the price of a really good pair, you could probably buy a new CD player. And then some.

Listening to your CD on the PC is better than nothing.

Is that so?

That just really depends how good the PC speakers are if you want to hear the benefit of the high quality of your music.

I agree with what Neil said.

I also agree that listening to the score on the PC is better than nothing at all. Or if anything too you should invest in an Mp3 player..better than a portable CD player, honestly.

Is that so?

That just really depends how good the PC speakers are if you want to hear the benefit of the high quality of your music.

If you want to listen to the damn music then yes.

Rip it to Apple Lossless and then put those files on your iPod and play them that way.

If you don't have an iPod buy one or play them off of your laptop, connected to your stereo.

If you don't have a laptop buy an iPod or just burn a CD-R.

Or buy a cheap DVD/CD player.

There are many options. This is really a non-issue.

Neil

They're doing it wrong. You take the foil off yourself. It's not something that has to be hatched, you know.

You are so damn funny, really.......

I keep my sets in a special enviromentally controlled, fire resistant room with a 45 CM tungsten door and an optronic sensor relais.

Huh.

I keep them on a shelf.

They're doing it wrong. You take the foil off yourself. It's not something that has to be hatched, you know.

You are so damn funny, really.......

Yes, I am, aren't I?

I keep my sets in a special enviromentally controlled, fire resistant room with a 45 CM tungsten door and an optronic sensor relais.

Huh.

I keep them on a shelf.

How have you delt with the problrm of Solar neutrino rays degrading the cellulose fiber of the packaging and the polycarbonate layer and thin layer of Super Purity Aluminium of the optical disc.

Remember, the optical spectrum of the Sun is very different then that of the 780 nm wavelength semiconductor laser used in a CD player.

Is that so?

Of course you can. But each PC has different speakers depending on the model on the PC. The specification of speakers can varies by the output the quality of the sound of the music that it process. The speakers on the PC these days are generally good although alternately you can buy a much better separate speakers that you can connect to the PC or set up surround sounds to the PC.

Huh.

I keep them on a shelf.

How have you delt with the problrm of Solar neutrino rays degrading the cellulose fiber of the packaging and the polycarbonate layer and thin layer of Super Purity Aluminium of the optical disc.

Remember, the optical spectrum of the Sun is very different then that of the 780 nm wavelength semiconductor laser used in a CD player.

The shelf's made of wood.

Is that so?

Of course you can. But each PC has different speakers depending on the model on the PC. The specification of speakers can varies by the output the quality of the sound of the music that it process. The speakers on the PC these days are generally good although alternately you can buy a much better separate speakers that you can connect to the PC or set up surround sounds to the PC.

Get proper headphones.

I wonder how many more times I'm going to repeat this.