Sleepers

scissorhands

Rate it  

20 members have voted

1. 1.

This poll is closed to new votes

Sleepers is one of my favorite scores. It's, IMHO, a masterpiece. It would be my fav dramatic score after EOTS and SL.

I know many people don't like it, but I wanted to know what you think.

Thanks.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't really rate it. It's a pretty impressive score, but I don't play it very often. The Football Game is one of Williams' greatest action tracks.

Marian - who didn't vote.

:angry: Vertigo (Bernard Herrmann)

i think it is a very unique score in which Williams really shows us a new side of himself. there are some amazing moments but i think as a listening experience, it's rather difficult. it's perfect for the film, and that's what counts. on those grounds i think it is a great score, but as stand-alone music, it's a couple of really good moments such as the Football Game, The Finale, and a couple other neato segments in the middle.

Ted

I didn't cast my vote. I don't like this fierce score. It has 3 tracks I like (1, 2 and 13!), but they are few and overborne by haze of unusually showy synthesizers by JW's standards. The score is uniquely bold themes-wise, but what I don't like is a way too "cheap/flat" way it sounds to my ears. But I agree, in the movie it works better than so-so. Overall, this score only proves what a versatile craftsman JW is and one can't deny he can score practically anything without botching up the whole thing.

Love, yes. But like. I can say that there are very few Williams scores I don't like. :) And some composers such as North where there isn't a single score I don't like. It's cool to like every Williams score. :thumbup: