2 motif from STAR WARS

HUGOPL

I greet I have question several musical motives with Star wars regarding. I do not know which this motives are "Darth Maul Motif” and "Qui -Gon's Theme”. I suspect that this first this what can to hear in "28 - Darth Maul and the Sith Spacecraft” and this second this which is on beginning "01 - Anakin is free”. ( it is connection of these motives the most probably "02 - Qui - Gon and Darth Maul meet”). I am not however this sure czy someone would can me improve??

PS: I took from plate the name of works "Star Wars Episode I - The Phantom Menace (Ultimate Edition)"

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As yet I would like to know or I surround which motive well it is which. I conjecture now only sie( I described in first fast all anyway). Does someone so it distinguish these motives??

Darth Maul's motif is basically "Duel of the Fates". Qui-Gon's theme shows up most prominantly in the Maul vs. Qui-Gon cue.

Darth Maul's theme is not "Duel of the Fates," and it's heard in "Enter Darth Maul" and "Darth Maul and the Sith Spacecraft." There might be a third track that features it.

Darth Maul's theme is not "Duel of the Fates," and it's heard in "Enter Darth Maul" and "Darth Maul and the Sith Spacecraft." There might be a third track that features it.

Anakin is Free, when Maul gets on his speeder. And also at the end of the Couruscant balcony scene.

Enter Darth Maul is the best place to hear Darth Maul's Motif

I think that it walks you about ending "Enter Darth Maul" because on beginning to be to hear Emperor's Theme.

There is a very short brass motif representing Darth Maul theme as well a bit of a small hint of the Choir whispering Duel of Fates theme along with the percussions.

I'm not sure about that loud fanfare before the deep vocals repesenting the Emperor's theme comes in one of the tracks...

I have about 4 motives question yet. I in which compositions can hear "Kamino Motif”, "Canyon Jar's Theme”, "Shmi's Theme” and "Victory March”. ""Victory March” steps out supposedly in I, IV, VI episode. I have these questions a lot of ale someone he if would administered with such knowledge to me very he would help.

Maybe this will help, these are the relevant excerpts from a TPM thematic analysis Cerrabore and I wrote (which was supposed to be put up on the TPM section of the main site a while back....):

Darth Maul’s Theme — A simple dark eight-note motif, signifying the ominous threat this new Sith Lord presents. It is introduced the very first time we see Maul, and is used in every cue involving Maul on Coruscant and Tatooine. The first few notes of the theme are also quoted when Maul Force pushes Obi-Wan into the pit during their duel. (And from the DotF section: The choral Sanskrit is also used in soft chants in association with Darth Maul, leading to some confusion that the chants are his theme, when in fact he has his own separate theme.)

Shmi Skywalker’s Theme — Anakin’s mother has a soft, beautiful theme conveying the warm relationship between a mother and son that truly love each other, and one that is key to understanding Anakin’s eventual turn to the Dark Side. The theme is introduced in spectacular fashion in “The Pod Racer Roars to Life.” It is also the basis for the first part of Anakin saying goodbye and preparing to leave. However, as Anakin steels himself to leave Williams introduces a new version of this theme, taking out the soft pleasantness and changing it into something more longing and sad (“Anakin is Free”). This new version would serve as Shmi’s Theme in future scores.

Qui-Gon’s Theme — A heroic, swashbuckling theme that also conveys the wisdom and rebellious nature of the Jedi Master. Despite Qui-Gon’s central role in the story, it is used very sparingly. Its biggest appearance is as the basis of the Maul/Qui-Gon Tatooine duel cue. This is the Menace theme that really begs for more development and even a concert piece, more than any of the other “minor” new themes.

Maybe this will help, these are the relevant excerpts from a TPM thematic analysis Cerrabore and I wrote (which was supposed to be put up on the TPM section of the main site a while back....):

Darth Maul’s Theme — A simple dark eight-note motif, signifying the ominous threat this new Sith Lord presents. It is introduced the very first time we see Maul, and is used in every cue involving Maul on Coruscant and Tatooine. The first few notes of the theme are also quoted when Maul Force pushes Obi-Wan into the pit during their duel. (And from the DotF section: The choral Sanskrit is also used in soft chants in association with Darth Maul, leading to some confusion that the chants are his theme, when in fact he has his own separate theme.)

Shmi Skywalker’s Theme — Anakin’s mother has a soft, beautiful theme conveying the warm relationship between a mother and son that truly love each other, and one that is key to understanding Anakin’s eventual turn to the Dark Side. The theme is introduced in spectacular fashion in “The Pod Racer Roars to Life.” It is also the basis for the first part of Anakin saying goodbye and preparing to leave. However, as Anakin steels himself to leave Williams introduces a new version of this theme, taking out the soft pleasantness and changing it into something more longing and sad (“Anakin is Free”). This new version would serve as Shmi’s Theme in future scores.

Qui-Gon’s Theme — A heroic, swashbuckling theme that also conveys the wisdom and rebellious nature of the Jedi Master. Despite Qui-Gon’s central role in the story, it is used very sparingly. Its biggest appearance is as the basis of the Maul/Qui-Gon Tatooine duel cue. This is the Menace theme that really begs for more development and even a concert piece, more than any of the other “minor” new themes.

Thanks. I understood at last. someone would can in similar to describe "Kamino Motif”, "Jar Jar's Theme”, and "Victory March”. If would passed the name of composition this yet it will be great.

Kamino motif can be found on the Track 1 of the Episode II soundtrack Star Wars Main Title and the Ambush on Coruscant (1;51- 2;58).

ummmmm . . . was that english?

Who are you?

long time reader, first time poster.

Not everyone here is a native English speaker or is fluent in it.

obviously! okay, i'm kind of a pud sometimes. i admit it

Qui-Gon’s Theme — A heroic, swashbuckling theme that also conveys the wisdom and rebellious nature of the Jedi Master.

Swashbuckling? That's not the word I'd use for Qui-Gon's theme. It's usually played quietly with English horn, and it comes across as bittersweet to me. In a couple of Tattooine cues (including the Maul vs. Qui-Gon desert battle), it's covered by the strings in open octaves. Then it feels more...tense to me than anything else, really.

Plus it wasn't even represented on the original CD.

It actually is, you just have to be listening for it, it's pretty subtle. I can't remember the name of the track on the OST, but it's the start of the cue for the scene in the podrace garage, the "chance cube" scene.

Qui-Gon was an underrated character. It only makes sense that his theme would be as well.

Actually he is one of the main characters in the film. Unfotunately his character is rather bland and does nothing to lift the film.

He was a main character, but he was pretty much forgotten after the film. I wished that he could have made an appearance in ROTS or AOTC.

He does make a vocal appearance in AOTC that was poorly done and was supposed to do the same in ROTS as well.

He does make a vocal appearance in AOTC that was poorly done and was supposed to do the same in ROTS as well.

That was the scene in AOTC when Anakin was killing the Tusken Raider those sand people because they killed his mother, right?...and you see Yoda meditating to hear Qui Gon saying "Anakin Noooo! No Anakin! Noooo!"

But I still can't believe they didn't bother making a ghost appearence for Qui-Gon... In a way Qui-Gon Jinn is better then Obi-Wan... due to his wiser knowledge like Yoda but Qui-Gon was getting old which is exactly the same happen with the old Trilogy where Obi-wan was too old to fight and Luke Skywalker took over...

If Qui-Gon Jinn haven't died from Darth Maul...he would easily stop Anakin from going to the dark side....

That was the scene in AOTC when Anakin was killing the Tusken Raider those sand people because they killed his mother, right?...and you see Yoda meditating to hear Qui Gon saying "Anakin Noooo! No Anakin! Noooo!"

Yes that was him.

He was a very important character in the Prequels. There was no reason not to have him make a ghost appearance.