Jurassic Park IV - Score Question!

macuser02

Jurassic Park IV - The Score  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Want John Williams To Score Jurassic Park IV?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes for a wishful thinking like all of us yeah for any series that we would like him to return to... Typical Williams never comes back to a series once he decided to leave a series in the first place. But what happened to Don Davis? Is he still going to continue the Jurassic Park series? If Don Davis doesn't return then I would like James Newton Howard or Michael Giacchino to take over

It just seem that some people don't realize that once John Williams left any series that he started off with...that's it. He's not coming back eventhough how many people would like him to return for any series. But the message is he won't back once he left a series, which in a way it's a pointless subject to discuss.

He could at least write a new theme for it like the absolutely classic "Nuclear Man." Here's hoping!

Yes that one is good but also the most cheesy thing Williams ever wrote ;) Do you have an audio version of that one? (mp3)

Jurassic Park 4 would be great if done by Williams, if the movie is good. If it's a good movie, Williams can be inspired to deliver a great score.

Of course I want him back! Will it happen? No, probably not. I just hope that Davis stays away. His score to JPIII had some good moments, but a lot of it comes off as sonic nonsense. The first two scores--particularly the first--were successful because of their melodic strength, even at the heart of the sometimes disturbingly chaotic action music. Some of my favorite action music is from the second half of Jurassic Park, and part of the reason it's so effective is because of the melodic fragments--thematic and non-thematic--that the music comprises.

I'd take anything over nothing, as we've had this year from Williams. But we'll have Indy next year, so whatever. By the way, is there even a director attached to this project yet?

Ray Barnsbury

I'd take anything over nothing, as we've had this year from Williams. But we'll have Indy next year, so whatever. By the way, is there even a director attached to this project yet?

I think it's in that near eternal limbo state right now. But then again, so was Indy 4 for a long time.

As much as I love movies about dinosaurs we really don't need a JP IV.

Let's just continue directly with JP V ;)

I think that if the film is as riveting as they are promising... and as strikingly different as they have hinted to... he might do it.

JP 1 and JP2 were vastly different... If they can come up with something fresh for this one, he might return... espcially if Spielberg really pulls more strings on this like it seems he might. He seems to want to rein int the film and kind of re-deem it...

If that happends, Williams may be back.

If not, Don Davis might return although they will probably find someone else... I don't think anyone else could really deliver the right feeling score though...

I don't think we need a JPIV either. They're only trying to make it happen because JPIII made a good amount of money and think they can do it again.

If it provides an opportunity for another JP score then great, although Davis' score doesn't come close to Williams, despite being an enjoyable listen.