The OFFICIAL Alan Silvestri Plagariasm List

odnurega1

I am being prompted by the recent success of other threads of this nature. I would like to see what areas of his work Alan Silvestri has copied either himself or other composers.

Go at it!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or maybe make a whole new section devoted entirely to these. That would be a kind of nice, and they could each have a regularly updated list at the top, kind of like the chronological listing thread.

Sorry, nothing for me to add to the list, though.

Colin Thomson

Or maybe make a whole new section devoted entirely to these. That would be a kind of nice, and they could each have a regularly updated list at the top, kind of like the chronological listing thread.

The only problem with this idea is that it would be idiotic. Imagine creating a separate forum within JWFan for "Zimmer bashing."

That would be awesome, a mise-en-abyme Russian-doll subforum just for Zimmer bashing! Let's go for it.

The OFFICIAL Alan Silvestri Plagariasm List

Obviously, someone went one plagiariairism thread too far.

I've always thought the piano solo in "George Walks" from Father of the Bride: Part II had a similar sound to "You're no Different" from Forrest Gump. It probably doesn't quite qualify as plagiarism but the rhythm of both melodies is definitely similar.

ASW, who likes both cues, and also agrees that this thread is a bit excessive, but decided to add to it anyway

The only problem with this idea is that it would be idiotic. Imagine creating a separate forum within JWFan for "Zimmer bashing."

I'm not into Zimmer bashing. It would include Williams, too. And plagariasm is not really a bad thing, in my opinion.

Colin Thomson

I'm not into Zimmer bashing. It would include Williams, too. And plagariasm is not really a bad thing, in my opinion.

Missing the point entirely.

A piece of the Main Title from the Back to the Future III (2:17 ->) resembles very much the piano theme from Forrest Gump "I'm Forrest... Forrest Gump".

Oh my goodness. Does no-one recognise that an author writing his own style is not plagiarism? I fear for the future of film music. Is this why we have so much minimalism these days? Yes, it's much safer if the music doesn't say anything.

Of course it sounds the same. But to me, a lot of Silvestri's music is utterly interchangable. His recent work seems to be saying little other than 'ACTION!', 'ADVENTURE!', 'LOVE THEME!'. Nothing individualistic about a lot of his recent work. Last score of his that had real character is The Mexican, a fantastic Morricone pastiche.