Patriot DVD

DU Lou

I just borrowed the Patriot from a friend and attempted to listen to the audio commentary for, among other things, any insights to the score. After about 10 minutes I had to turn the commentary off. I couldnt bare to listen to Roland Emmerich say "ummm... kinda like, like kinda ummmm" any longer. Dean Devlin seemed insightful enough but I stilled had to turn it off. Has anyone listened to it all the way through and if so do they talk about John Williams at all??

Thanks

Lou

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good question... I just skimmed through it once... I don't know for sure, but I thought I recalled them saying something about the score. I'm probably off though.

I sat through it just for JW mentions, despite the extremely annoying 'you know, sort of, kind of, it's like' Emmerich produced twice a second.

In the first half I think there's one mention of the love theme. In the second half there are about half a douzen mentions- the only ones I recall clearly is Emmerich talking about how Williams thought of the differe3nt drum rolls and right before the credits, Devlin mentions the closing notes and the music over the credits.

Thanks for asking and answeringt his question. I've been wanting to watch the commentary for a long time, but not if it didn't mention Williams.

Ray Barnsbury

Thanks for asking and answeringt his question.  I've been wanting to watch the commentary for a long time, but not if it didn't mention Williams.

I've watched the entire movie w/commentary. It's actually one of their better ones they've done, where they actually said things of substance. Compare it to the one they did for ID4, where they seemed to enjoy discussing a lot of inside jokes that didn't make much sense to the viewer, this one is actually pretty good.

Most of the commentary had to do with behind-the-scenes stuff and historical material in relation to the film. They do mention Williams on a few occassions, saying how wonderful such and such a cue is, etc.

Thanks for asking and answeringt his question.  I've been wanting to watch the commentary for a long time, but not if it didn't mention Williams.

I've watched the entire movie w/commentary. It's actually one of their better ones they've done, where they actually said things of substance. Compare it to the one they did for ID4, where they seemed to enjoy discussing a lot of inside jokes that didn't make much sense to the viewer, this one is actually pretty good.

Most of the commentary had to do with behind-the-scenes stuff and historical material in relation to the film. They do mention Williams on a few occassions, saying how wonderful such and such a cue is, etc.

Good to know!

Ray Barnsbury

White TESB logo at angle.... how ugly.

No. Your avatar is ugly. I happen to think that the white ESB logo at an angle is the best movie title logo in the saga.

:devil: Don't you watch tv? :angry:

yes i do watch tv. but obvioussly i do not watch the show in which this... thing is featured.

Ted

You can click on her filmography in my post.  :mrgreen:

Adult Video News Awards 2002 (2002) (V)

Peds From the Past (2002) (V)

Asian Street Hookers 7 (2001) (V)

Forbidden Tales (2001) (V)

Island Fever (2001) (V)

Personals: College Girl Seeking... (2001) (TV) (as Tera Hopkins) .... Sara

... aka Personals (2001) (TV) (USA: short title)

Playboy Sizzling Sex Stars (2001) (V)

Sodom at the Days Inn (2001) (V) .... Herself

Angel Dust (2000) (V) .... Angel

Ass Angels (2000) (V)

Behind the Scenes 2 (2000) (V)

Behind the Scenes 3 (2000) (V)

Behind the Scenes: Caribbean Undercover (2000) (V) .... Herself

Caribbean Undercover (2000) (V) (as Tara Patrick) .... Paige/Sophia

Fast Lane to Vegas (2000) (V) (as Tera Hopkins) .... WiB #2

Foot Lovers Only 2 (2000) (V)

Girls of Penthouse 4 (2000) (V) .... Herself

... aka Girls of Penthouse Volume 4, The (2001) (V) (UK: DVD title)

Nice Rack 4 (2000) (V) (as Tara Patrick)

Open Wide and Say Ahh! 6 (2000) (V)

Payback: Marciano's Revenge (2000) (V)

... aka Payback (2000) (V) (USA: short title)

Tara Patrick aka Filthy Whore (2000) (V) (as Tara Patrick)

Up and Cummers 80 (2000) (V)

Virtual Sex with Tera Patrick (2000) (V) .... Herself

Lusty Latin Ladies (2000) (V) .... Herself

... aka Playboy's Lusty Latin Ladies (2000) (V) (USA: complete title)

18 and Nasty 11 (1999) (V)

Aroused (1999) (V)

Asian Street Hookers 6 (1999) (V)

Farmer's Daughters Do Beverly Hills (1999) (V)

Fire and Ice (1999) (V) .... Steve's Girl

Foot Lovers Only (1999) (V)

Gallery of Sin (1999) (V) (as Sadie Jordan)

Loose Screw (1999) (V)

North Pole #11 (1999) (V)

Pick-Up Lines 44 (1999) (V)

Pick-Up Lines 46 (1999) (V)

Please 5: Fireworks! (1999) (V) (as Tara Patrick)

Real Golden Showers Video 1 (1999) (V)

Real Sex Magazine 22 (1999) (V) (as Brooke Thomas)

Real Sex Magazine 23 (1999) (V) (as Tara Patrick)

Sex Island (1999) (V) (as Tara Patrick) .... Georgine James

Sex Offenders #8 (1999) (V)

Tera Patrick (1999) (V)

Video Adventures of Peeping Tom 22, The (1999) (V)

Crossroads (1999/II) (V) (as Tara Patrick) .... Suzie

LOL

The show was Str Trek: Deep Space Nine (DS9)

and "Morn" was a once and awhile character that was at Quark's Bar.

the characet, funny enough, never said a single word. Not one.

Not why would someone, like Morn here chose this character who said nothing, when he has the most posts of aprobably anyone here, is a mystery.

In other words, Morn was a bar-fly.

Thanks Ricard, I wasn't sure if I was allowed to post the title Ass Angels here without getting in trouble, so I left it up to the individual users. Nice to see it's allowed.

Neil - who doesn't see Up and Cummers 73 on that list even though she's in that one too (a friend of mine has it......I swear :mrgreen: )