The Incredible Hulk

Trent B

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That seems sound good... I'm thinking to buy it!

Some information about orchestra... conductor, orchestrations??

I didn't think the face animation was that bad. There were a few shots in the bright light where I could just see the smoothness of the animation - can't really explain, but there was something about how it looked that I knew it came from a computer. Bear in mind though, that I saw it in Imax, so many facial shots were the size of a small building.

The main problems I have with modern CG, is how it interacts with physical objects - there never seems to be enough friction or 'oomph' to the moment of contact. Like when the Hulk

smashes through the walls of the tunnel to escape the gas

- there just seemed to be nothing to it. Also a lot of the movement doesn't seem heavy enough, and a lot of the shots of him with those sheets of metal looked a bit fake in the bright sunlight.

The animation of Hulk wasn't very good, but at least it worked this time. I liked the King Kong scene in the rain.

What else? Liv Tyler was irritating. Repeating the same line (Are you OK?) for the entire duration of the film didn't help much. For me the film didn't seem like much of a improvement. Didn't remember it after leaving the theater. I didn't care. The score was boring.

Karol

I have had a listen to this and it's the most generic, predictable, snooze-fest of a comic book score that I have ever heard. It's like bad Media Ventures. I'm not quite sure what people meant when they said it's melodic. If by melodic they meant generic chord progressions with the simplest of diatonic lines, then yeah.

Elfman's HULK had a defined musical sound for that film. the 6 note descending motive was functional and cool sounding. Armstrong's score is one long descent into utter homogenous sound sludge. I'm being kind. Wait until I review this for FSM.

very disappointed.