Empire Magazine's 500 Greatest Movies

Quintus

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed. Actually the reason I'm surprised is, for a largely populist magazine poll, a film like The Godfather coming top is pretty much unheard of. Its normally Star Wars or Shawshank, in my experience.

BFI is also doing a rather strange poll right now (you can only vote on films certain critics have nominated) and Shawshank is performing very poorly. For the moment, The Godfather is at no. 3.

The Top 100

The Dark Knight is number 15.

Chinatown, a film that according to our brilliant Joe has fallen off the radar, is number 13.

oh what a idiot you are, you embrace this list, I don't know who is dumber you, or the people who made this list.

but its not a surprise, you're the ultimate hypocrite, if the list supports your thoughts its great, if it doesn't its crap.

Should be higher:

E.T.

Psycho

Return of the King

Star Wars

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Should be lower:

Batman Begins

The Matrix

Alien

Fellowship of the Ring

The Dark Knight

Correctly placed:

Toy Story

North by Northwest

Ferris Bueller’s Day Off

Return of the Jedi

Edward Scissorhands

Close Encounters of the Third Kind

The Two Towers

Back to the Future

Jaws

The Empire Strikes Back

Indeed. Actually the reason I'm surprised is, for a largely populist magazine poll, a film like The Godfather coming top is pretty much unheard of. Its normally Star Wars or Shawshank, in my experience.

BFI is also doing a rather strange poll right now (you can only vote on films certain critics have nominated) and Shawshank is performing very poorly. For the moment, The Godfather is at no. 3.

The Top 100

The Dark Knight is number 15.

Chinatown, a film that according to our brilliant Joe has fallen off the radar, is number 13.

oh what a idiot you are, you embrace this list, I don't know who is dumber you, or the people who made this list.

but its not a surprise, you're the ultimate hypocrite, if the list supports your thoughts its great, if it doesn't its crap.

Now I'm the idiot? Your ignorance is amazing, mister. I accept the list as popular opinion. I never claimed otherwise. And, unlike what you said, popular opinion hasn't forgotten about Chinatown. This list proves that it's quite the opposite of "fallen off the radar". Of course, you will never admit that you're wrong. You're too small of a mind. You're just an old frustrated loudmouth watching liitle kids having magical adventures on TV. You're making a fool of yourself everyday and you don't even realize it.

Where is your proof? Saying someone's an idiot doesn't cut it, Joe. Can't you do better? Show me how Chinatown has fallen off the radar.