Intrada announces Species.

Ollie

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now the Intrada website is very slow. Took a while to get to the forums and can't preview the .ram sample files to see if I like it.

I never saw the film and though I've got the main theme playing at YouTube, and it sounds good, I think I will pass on this.

With only 3000 copies available, there are certainly a number of people out there who will treasure this more than me.

It's working fine for me.

I would say this score shares some similarities with Horner's Aliens if one is looking for a possible reference.

In light of the release of the great Indy Box Set

I officially announce I will stop complaining when mediocre scores by second rate composers get the deluxe treatment.

Good because your as bad as Thor is over at FSM and you also need to quit when very good scores by very good/great composers get released as well.

Good because your as bad as Thor is over at FSM and you also need to quit when very good scores by very good/great composers get released as well.

Haha aint that the damn truth.

I officially announce I will stop complaining when mediocre scores by second rate composers get the deluxe treatment.

Good. Particularly because this is neither a mediocre score nor a second rate composer. It's quite brilliant actually, and this has more music than "just" the promo, too.

I ordered it, along with the Indy box and Rozsa's Ivanhoe.

When did Ivanhoe come out? Is it good? I think that after El Cid and Ben-Hur I would have all the Rosza that I could want. But the price is nice, and it would give me an excuse to break out the credit card for something else there I want.

Ivanhoe was done by Intrada back in the mid 90's with Bruce Broughton conducting, they also did Rozsa's Julius Caesar. Both are well done and part of Intrada's Excalibur collection..

Also the original soundtrack for Ivanhoe was released as a limited edition by Rhino Handmade but is out of print.

http://www.rhinohandmade.com/browse/Produc...sso?Number=7772

I really like the sound clips and the main theme is just great... so beautiful, so hypnotic and mysterious.

I ordered myself a copy pronto. Young just doesn't get the projects he deserves nowadays. The biggest one he had was Spider-man 3, and Sony saw fit NOT to release a score album. It's a shame, since his action cues for S-M 3 vastly outstrip Elfman's action cues in the first two Spidey flicks.