Upcoming Films

Quintus

Everybody has their own ideas about what is true science fiction. The Martian is about 'the idea' of mankind surviving on another planet.

Cheers!

Alex

Exactly!

Why would we root for him? He's gonna try and kill Rust Cohle.

Because this film will explain what led him to become the mann he is in Interstellar. It will give us a better understanding of the character. And if we can understand his motivations, then we can root for him.

In the end, we'll realize that Interstellar was always about the tragedy of Dr. Mann.

Yeah but is it real sci-fi?

Looks like just another version of Apollo 13 or Gravity. A survival film set in space rather then a science fiction film set in space.

That's essentially what Europa Report is as well, which is "real sci-fi".

Gravity is still science fiction. It never happened and could never happen. Fiction. It uses technical ideas and issues to advance and resolve the plot. Science.

The debris moving faster than Sandra Bullock in the same orbit makes it fantasy.

Gravity is still science fiction. It never happened and could never happen. Fiction. It uses technical ideas and issues to advance and resolve the plot. Science.

The debris moving faster than Sandra Bullock in the same orbit makes it fantasy.

Cuaron agrees with me, it's not science fiction.

I thought Mission to Mars was downright awful but that's just me. Having said that I think RT and MetaCritic probably agree, not that I give a fuck.

Even Morricone turned in a guffaw inducing stinker for that one.

I suppose I only consider it science fiction (rather than something like speculative fiction) when aliens become involved. Not saying that makes any sense though.

CG or prosthetics? It's important.

Either one, I suppose, does it matter?

We need a single, official definition of science fiction!

We should be able to get there after about ten pages of debate and discussion. Let's go!

I don't cuar what Cuaron cuars about.

I don't see what's so difficult about it.

"Works of fiction that use scientific discoveries or advanced technology - either actual or imaginary - as part of their plot."

Straightforward enough.

Keep living in your little fantasy bubble then!

Keep living in your little fantasy bubble then!

It's my life. It's now or never. I'm not going to wait forever. I just want to live while I'm alive.