Ubeda Film Music Conference.

Kevin

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He talked about what happened in Spider-man 3. It seems Elfman has a big ego and told sony he wanted 3 million dollars to score the movie (big ego indeed, since isn’t Williams’ fee ‘just’ one million??) .

We don't know how much Williams earns these days, really. There was a mention of one million, but that was some time ago.

Karol - who thinks 3 million is way too much.

3 million dollars was the total music budget for Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith.

This included everything from hiring the composer to recording and mixing the music.

Well I'm sure Mr. Young will stick up for Raimi but as far as Elfman is concerned it's been well documented by people in the business, as well as Elfman, that he went thru some hell on Spidey 2 trying to please Raimi and the producers and Young's temp track sounding replacements were rather generic.

And if I'm not mistaken it's been officially reported that Elfman ranks up with the highest paid composers in Hollywood.

3 million dollars was the total music budget for Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith.

This included everything from hiring the composer to recording and mixing the music.

But then again ROTS is an independent film and Lucas isn't exactly known for generosity when it comes to paychecks, is he?

Karol

Well Williams isn't hurting, especially with the royalties he gets.

It was said a long time ago he could have retired comfortably just off his royalties from Jaws.

• 2 weeks later...

Well...if you consider it...i wasnt sure it was him so i shyly approached him (and looking up) and asked 'Could i ask you a question please?'

If you ever feel intimidate by Peio. His vast musicval knowlegde, his perfection, his perfectly trimmed facial hair, This will help you out:

BTW, this is from the 2008 Conference. I recorded it with my phone and forgot about it. It's an interesting little tidbit by Joel McNeely, about working with Jerry Goldsmith on Air Force One.

<!--quoteo(post=591154:date=Jul 24 2009, 08:29 PM:name=Mr. Breathmask)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr. Breathmask @ Jul 24 2009, 08:29 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=591154"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->3 million dollars was the total music budget for <i>Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith</i>.

This included everything from hiring the composer to recording and mixing the music.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

But then again ROTS is an independent film and Lucas isn't exactly known for generosity when it comes to paychecks, is he?

Karol

Source on Lucas paying badly?

Well...if you consider it...i wasnt sure it was him so i shyly approached him (and looking up) and asked 'Could i ask you a question please?'

If you ever feel intimidate by Peio. His vast musicval knowlegde, his perfection, his perfectly trimmed facial hair, This will help you out:

You know, in the goldspirit awards ceremony, peio chanted the star trek theme in front of giacchino, and having seen this video i though. This guy must be Peio. The force served me well. XD

<!--quoteo(post=591154:date=Jul 24 2009, 08:29 PM:name=Mr. Breathmask)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr. Breathmask @ Jul 24 2009, 08:29 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=591154"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->3 million dollars was the total music budget for <i>Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith</i>.

This included everything from hiring the composer to recording and mixing the music.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Karol

Source on Lucas paying badly?

3 million dollars for the whole scoring process is not enough?