OT:David Arnold hates Madonna song

stewdog1

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:biglaugh:

I would have to agree. My fiance loves Madonna, and she got mad at me when I said it was crap. This song takes the place of "From Russia with Love" as my least favorite Bond song.

Frosty

It's true, the song is pretty bad. I didn't like it at all. But we shouldn't blame Madonna; rather, the director and the producers.

Remember, if there is anything we don't like about a movie, blame it on the men/women in charge, because they're the ones that approved it for release. Nobody will know why the song was used, accept the film makers.

Well, we can consider ourselves lucky that it wasn't Eminem, or the Dixie Chicks.

For one thing, I think it's a pretty bad song. But above all, it's not a Bond song at all. It's about as much a Bond song as Somewhere in My Memory...

Marian - in total agreement with Arnold.

Good for him.

The song is not only the worst Bond song ever, it's also one of the worst songs in music history.

Although, I question him giving Madonna crap about bringing techno to Bond when he's been doing that for the past three movies.

I wouldn't have much minded Madonna doing the song, if only she approached the style differently. The techno stuff is really out-of-place for a Bond movie -- as if the producers didn't learn their lesson when they brought in Eric Serra to do Goldeneye.

Madonna can be capable of doing a good movie song like "This Used to Be My Playground" or other ballads, but what she did here was less than practical (for wont of a better word).

Alanis Morissette would have done something more inventive and kick ass.

Yeah, I like Madonna's music sometimes, but that song was crap. And the visuals of the movie playing through it kind of ruined the song sequence, IMHO.

Ray Barnsbury-who liked the rest of the movie a lot

Thanks for posting the link, stewdog!

I must agree with Mr. Arnold on his statements. When I first listened to the song, I said this can't be a Bond song. To me, it doesn't even feel like one. At least the other Bond songs that haven't been so good actually felt like they belonged. And I certainly don't blame Arnold for not using the song in his score, since there really wasn't anything from the song that could have been used.

I do have to say that I throughly enjoy the "Welcome to Cuba" track!

~Harry :music:

I actually love the song. Kinda like the songs on her last two albums just more Kraftwerk-y. And It's a bold choice to do a song thats' so obviously NOT Bond like... I think it works....

....but what do I care :music:

I have to say I like the song. I don't love it, but I do like it, what I do love is the Dance version of it. That is awsome!!! The one by the remixer Deepsky!!!

Ohhh...Ocelot.... :? Whaa...? :devil:

Anyways... :music:

If Arnold said he got 92mins, why did WE only get approx. 50mins on disc?? Where's the other 40+mins!

Stefancos!!!!

Jamesyboy - who hasn't givin' both Ocelot and Stefancos a hard time in looooooooong time!

If Arnold said he got 92mins, why did WE only get approx. 50mins on disc??  Where's the other 40+mins!

If we had more of Arnolds score on the soundtrack CD, that would not leave room for all of the CD-ROM features like Madonna's video and the other crap and nonsense that nobody is going to watch more than once (if at all).

Neil

Although, I question him giving Madonna crap about bringing techno to Bond when he's been doing that for the past three movies.

The way I take it, he says that about the official song, not the score. Don't forget, Barry started adding electronics to the mix also. Arnold hasn't composed a techno Bond song like this crap. His two Bond songs, Surrender and The World Is Not Enough, are no where near the techno-non-Bond-song crap Madonna did.

~Harry

I can tell you what Arnold plans to do with the rest of the score to Die Another day! The Webiste http://www.moviepoopshoot.com/score/index.html

Had an interview with Arnold

http://www.moviepoopshoot.com/score/13a.html

He said that the rest of the score is mixed and ready for album it just depends on if he gets the go ahead to produce the discs.

Here's an excerpt

PAUL TONKS: So what are the chances of a DIE ANOTHER DAY, Volume 2 album?

DAVID ARNOLD: Well, I'm mixing everything in stereo for that. I have everything. I'm hoping that there will be. They're always a bit of a let down because ideally you'd like for it to be heard from start to finish as it's meant to be heard. But it's recorded and paid for, so all we're talking about is manufacturing the thing, which doesn't cost that much. I've run it past Warners to see what the likelihood is in a year's time once all the mileage has been had out of this one. We could do with at least another 40 minutes. There are only a couple of things I wouldn't bother with because they're not of any great consequence musically or dramatically. But there's lots of great stuff I would like out there...

Well all I can say is that I want more Arnold score less Madonna crap and Multimedia stuff. If I wanted that stuff I would go to the website!

Brian99_1 - who has been on a Bond kick lately

PS. www.musicfromthemovies.com Has said that the expanded Bond scores may be ready for release soon.

I still love the remix of the Madonna song. I mean since when was Madonna thought of as crap? Granted this isn't one of her better offerings, but she is anything but crap!!! OK, I'm not talking about her acting ability...

Modonna's song is at least much better than Arnold's crap score. :)

Morn - Who likes Modonna and thinks the song at least fitted the mood of Bond

From what I have heard on the CD, I think you are right..... There is one track I llike, but most of it isn't good at all.