What is your LEAST favorite sequel?

Jeff

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these is your LEAST favorite sequel?

• Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
    • Terminator Salvation
    • Jurassic Park 3
    • Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith
    • Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
    • X-Men Origins: Wolverine
    • Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

Paramount should spend the money to re-do the DE changes to TMP at 1080p, and create new special effects and a new DE for Star Trek 5. I also think TWOK should get the DE scenes re-integrated for the blu ray; They only improve an already great film. I really miss Kirk's line "The only reason we're still alive is because I knew more about these ships than he did", should never have been taken out.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Shatner, he felt ILM's leftovers wouldn't be up to task to do the visuals, which I find hard to believe.

However in fairness to Ferren, I believe there were some problems that were out of his hands in regards to some of the models sent over from ILM.

I remember reading in the official movie magazine in '89 that the Enterprise model was in awful shape when it turned up and had to be restored. I don't think they did themselves any favours including stock footage from the previous flicks though, it just makes the new shots stand out even more.

Star Trek V fell into the trap of condensing Star Trek alien races into a single unified religion. Vulcan mythology has a Sha Ka Ree, while Klingon mythology has their own version, leaving Earth religions with Eden. Except for the fact that Earth has more religions than you can shake a stick at, all with differing ideas of eternal paradise. It's demonstrated that Roddenberry's future is very secular, so as to not offend any specific Earth religions, so when a Star Trek episode or movie comes along and tries to use a Judeo-Christian concept for its plot device, it doesn't work that well. It comes across as forced and preachy. The flip side of the coin is that Bajoran culture on DS9 and Enterprise's attempt to fragment Vulcan society into different religions are not always very interesting or compelling, but they come a generation later.

"Plato's Stepchildren" portrays the Greek gods as powerful aliens who visited Earth to help humanity, and now want humans to populate their new planet and worship them, but Star Trek V singles out "God" as another powerful alien who is imprisoned on a barren world, and can only communicate with an empathic Vulcan to promote his release from jail at the center of the galaxy? It doesn't jive.

I can overlook the notion that the Enterprise-A can get to the galactic core in a few hours, while it takes Voyager, a ship from 100 years into the future, seven years to make a comparable trip. If you take the malevolent super-being from TMP, the marooned aspect from TWOK, and the Klingons who show up late in TSFS as the bad guys, you have the jist of Star Trek V.

The best part of the movie post-Great Barrier? Kirk meets "God" and tells him off. Was that Shatner's message? That he could outsmart God when he meets Him? Puh-lease.

;) I love this post. To someone like me who knows nothing about Star Trek (outside of the most recent film), it's pretty hilarious. I think I just got a taste of what outsiders think when they see my posts on HP or Star Wars.

I really miss Kirk's line "The only reason we're still alive is because I knew more about these ships than he did", should never have been taken out.

Why in the hell did they cut that line!? That makes no sense!

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=D4419uUhaUw&feature=related

Here is the link I mentioned. It actually looks pretty good considering it's not from a SPX studio.

There are some others he's done for 5 listed there as well.

Not bad. Looks like a standard video game. But, not bad

:lol: I love this post. To someone like me who knows nothing about Star Trek (outside of the most recent film), it's pretty hilarious. I think I just got a taste of what outsiders think when they see my posts on HP or Star Wars.

That was my first significant post in a week. Eight days of sun, sand, alcohol, no computer, and a shitload of driving had rotted my posting brain.