The Music of Star Wars: The Old Republic

MissPadmé

I guess the rips most people have of the two KotOR games are based on the ones I did ages ago for my site LucasArts Soundtracks... due to LucasArts request there's only some ripping guides left on the site, but it's funny how the track names I came up with so many years ago are still used even in "updated" rips :D Back then I played the game and ALT-TABed back and forth between it and the explorer, bringing the tracks into chronology (or "a" chronology, as the game is pretty non-linear) and naming some of them according to when they play in the actual storyline.

It'd be great if someone would manage to PROPERLY update these with clean cutscene music and probably even higher bitrates (if those exist in other games).

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, I'm working on that. Although to my ears the music from TOR isn't of any higher quality than the original KOTOR rips. And the material from Galaxies definitely sounds worse.

I definitely wouldn't mind hearing some more music from KOTOR. I was a big fan of the first two games and am severely dissapointed they went in the direction that they did for the third game as I hate the idea of MMORPG. Maybe its because I haven't liked playing videogames with other people much since GoldenEye 007, but I enjoy playing games by myself, for myself. The whole idea of online that has overtaken video games in the last decade has definitely put me off of them lately.

I was a big fan of the first two games and am severely dissapointed they went in the direction that they did for the third game as I hate the idea of MMORPG.

That's why I refuse to buy this game. I too hate MMORPG. If it had a single player campaign IE: Call Of Duty then that would be one thing but since it doesn't...nope not gonna waste my time.