The Music of Star Wars: The Old Republic

MissPadmé

30 tracks?

Wilbert Roget uses it alot.

I've downloaded 48 tracks from one account, and 28 from the other. The other account has links to the files which are tagged with composer names etc...

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty happy with my RotS sfx free expanded score now . This new material adds little bits I really needed . The new file of Plan for the Twins is much superior to the German rear channel rip.

I'm at the point where If they don;t release it officially it doesn't matter too much anymore

Only need Yoda Departure , Padme's Visit and Padme's Funeral and were good. Plus a small bit in Palpatine's Big Pitch

Is there any recurring themes in the officially released tracks? And any of John Williams' themes in the original music from the game? Just wondering...

The Sith theme from the original KOTOR by Jeremy Soule once again returns. There's a new theme for the Jedi which is very reminiscent of Yoda's theme. And some other things, but with so much music it's hard to make sense of a leitmotivic structure.

Remember it doesn't mean the actual game files will be better quality. A lot of the TFU files have crackling distortion and we already have to pick one of many files for a non distorted version

these files sound good to my ears even if the games is ripped

Trent it's Leia's theme that's missing from Plans for the Twins. Yes this section is perfect on the German rip so no biggie, it was the rest of the German rip towards the end I didn't like

The track "No Hope Left" t contains " a chunk of "I Am The Senate" from towards the end of the cue that has unused material.

I have one your edits from a year ago and you didn't include this portion at all with the short statement of Across the Stars .From what I hear It's supposed to go right after Mace is thrown out the window and Palpatine gets back on his feet.

If memory serves, that might have been before Joe (Data) did the mock-ups for that section. I did include it after he did those mock-ups and now that we have the actual music I've since updated the cue. I'm not going to bother uploading my Revenge Of The Sith set until after actual rips from this game become available and I can go through to see what other clean music there is.

Any new developments yet? Recordings? Official releases? Prequel tracks we know are in the game? I know it's too soon to ask for a rip though.

I think the only ones we have is what has leaked.

Remember Henry posted saying he heard the full "Get 'Em, R2!" during game play itself. Hopefully the actual game rips will contain more clean AOTC and ROTS music.

god is going to be a nighmare (and a dream if unreleased williams music is there) to search into the 5+ hours of material.

Will anyone make a comprenhensive soundtrack from all the non-williams music?

A little devlopment: a reliable source has told me that tools are being worked on to rip the TOR soundtrack.

Who's the source? Alpha? O.J. Simdicks?

TOP MEN.

A little devlopment: a reliable source has told me that tools are being worked on to rip the TOR soundtrack.

Who's the source? Alpha? O.J. Simdicks?

TOP MEN.

Indeed :D

As a matter of fact, it's the guy who has posted complete KOTOR and KOTOR2 edits on FFShrine in the past couple of months. He's working on a TOR soundtrack so he needs the tools too.

Going through the files, i heard the following unreleased stuff:

Padme's Visit

Ep2 Duel With Dooku opening

They're Coming Around full untouched rec sessions file

Boys into battle part two-ish full with clean ending

Ep2 Duel With Dooku gong stuff

I am the senate unused battle stuff (no quiet music)

no idea, sounds like something from i am the senate

Watto describes mothers fate (16 seconds)

Watto describes mothers fate

Part two-ish? :D I take it that means it's lacking the clean transition from the bit we have from the album.

Gong stuff I assume is what TFU2 had a little bit of - it comes between the timpani roll and hits, right?

Any sign of Get 'em, R-2 yet?

I am the senate unused battle stuff (no quiet music)

no idea, sounds like something from i am the senate

I'm assuming the first is either from the first phase (the lightsaber battle), or the frenzied lightning music when Palpatine and Mace try to get Anakin on side.

Anything from TPM in there? I know I heard bits of Anakin is Free, so I hope there's more in there, maybe DOTF...

Send me those files you can't identify and I could help identify those if you want.

Once I'm able to go through the files I'll be creating a master list of what is in which files. I mean I know Alexander identified some but it would still help to have a list of what's what.