The Music of Star Wars: The Old Republic

MissPadmé

WOW clean music for that scene! Maybe there is hope after all for clean AOTC and ROTS music in this game. Even from I Am The Senate...god someone needs to rip this game now.

The first minute of this track has some of "The Kiss" from AOTC. Not sure about the music after that. Then it seems to go into full opening for "Revisiting Padmè"! and some other music not sure about...I think back to AOTC music. Probably "Picnic Scene" not sure. I think it also has the ending of "The Meeting Of Anakin and Padmé" with the statement of Anakin's Theme that was actually meant to be in there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTqmQHOv-Z0

Wow, some great music in that clip!

I am with you on that one... AOTC has indeed not gotten enough love from me I realize

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always liked it a lot more than seemingly most people on this board

I think because the movie sucked so much people think less of the music too

Good.

Another step towards the complete scores before they decide to release them officially, if ever

What bitrate do you estimate the music in these videos are? (I got the 1080p ones but not sure the music quality scales with the video resolutions)

Would a direct rip of the game be better?

so pretty crappy as I suspected, but at least Apple files are a bit better at that quality

Expect as much giving us the "free" soundtrack

How did you determine the bitrate? I can't see it in the codec info of VLC

ok, well there you have it.

Anybody found more unreleased music ? How about compiling and updating the cues that contain new Williams music in the first post

The bitrate isn't 126, Faleel. Maybe the one for the 360p videos is. But not for the 4k videos. Probably 320. It certainly doesn't sound like 128 to me.

This seems to be more up to date:

http://www.h3xed.com/web-and-internet/youtube-audio-quality-bitrate-240p-360p-480p-720p-1080p

I've checked the 720p, 1080p and 4K versions with MediaInfo, and the audio bitrate is around 150-152 Kbps for all three files. Strangely though, the video bitrate for the 4K version is only 322 Kbps as opposed to 815 Kbps of the 1080p version. Looks like the 4K support isn't the best yet.

BTW, the supposedly "4K" video (which would mean a width of 4096 pixels) is only 2K (2048 pixels wide). I guess everything above 1080p gets the 4K-flag (and apparently it's only called 4K in the file name, as the option in the YouTube player is just labeled "Original").

Lol the second half of "Bounty Hunter Theme" is just recycled stuff from TFU 1&2...

First "Escape from Kamino" from TFU2 and then "Infiltrating the Junk Temple" from TFU1.

Damn, so even Anakin Is Free was edited in the film. I did not know that.

That opening from AOTC is fantastic. Pity it isn't the entire cue.

Anakin Is Free? you mean Anakin Changes?

I think Faleel is right, although Anakin is Free (which is a TPM cue) is edited (although as far as I am aware has nothing removed, just a bunch of loops)

I don't know if this is useful, but anyway: you can download directly 28 tracks at this site: http://www.swtor.com...rticle/20111201
Cool! Seems to be the same files that are posted on the official YouTube channel, but they're two days ahead so there's two additional tracks.

I've been downloading them from the links accompanying the YouTube videos. They're all 192 KB/s MP3.

So basically any youtube rips are now pointless, and these files on this page should be used instead to be sure of the best possible quality closest to the original source?

Final Duel: Contains "Boys Continue" (the bit available from the 2nd disc of the DVD, plus what we have from BF2). Sadly, no clean transition between the first and second parts, but we DO have a clean ending in full (we almost had it in the DVD but it cut short, and in BF2 they overlaid the opening measures of Battle of the Heroes for a loop).

Maybe we will get some more Battle music from the Prequels?

Yeah, but that was from a documentary. Didn't you post a slightly-vocal-removed version? Nice to know we can get the lot now. Kinda sod's law considering Datameister just finished his mockup of it though.

I hope this guy uploads it.

Reflections: That Force theme statement is from Episode III, from Council Meeting. Nothing strikingly new, it's in the OST, but without the obvious fade into "Palpatine's Seduction".

Relfections: That Force theme statement is from Episode III, from Council Meeting. Nothing strikingly new, it's in the OST, but without the obvious fade into "Palpatine's Seduction".

I noticed that too. It sucks it didn't contain the unreleased bits though.

Also Jedi Mission contains a brief moment of the opening for "Goodbye, Old Friend" but sadly not the full thing. Hopefully direct game rips will contain the full opening.

No Hope Left: As we know contains "Anakin Changes" it also contains a section of "I Am The Senate" towards the end of the cue that Joe (Data) did a mock-up. So between that and the TFU 2 material we'll have that section full now.

Peaceful Jedi: Is nearly all of "Plans For The Twins", minus the force theme at the beginning. Not sure why that Force Theme bit was edited out but it's clean via rear channels form the German rips of the film. The cue also contains clean intro and ending for it, thank god.

Romance: Contains I think the film version of "The First Kiss" from AOTC as well the opening of "Revisiting Padmé". For the "Revisiting Padmé" piece, that combined with the TFu 2 material we'll have nearly the entire cue clean.

Is there any more of I Am the Senate in the game? We have about 75-80% of it clean now. (I'm suspicious as to whether the music editors are putting in bits we don't have on purpose - for instance, the horn section/Across the Stars bit from I Am the Senate we got in TFU2, then the preceeding horn section and everything from the "UNLIMITED POWER" section turns up clean by apparent coincidence...)

I don;t think they put it on purpose. It's just randomly selected form the recording sessions to whatever mood fits the scene they have

If they were putting in on purpose they wouldn't include unreleased cues in entirety then make some other ones so hard to edit it by cutting in mid-note or release little bits over takes 5 game releases

I'd tend to say they make it harder on purpose for us to edit it

Goodbye Old Friend : In Jedi Mission I think you could use the transition into Anakin's Nightmare instead of a DVD rip. It's a bit faded but I'll try boosting the volume

Edit:it works perfectly if you do a gradual volume increase for the 3 ending notes (kind of undo the fadeout) . One of my most biggest annoyances eliminated. As you know I hate using DVD rips because of the different reverb and this was one of the very few instances where I had to (for these few seconds)

Goodbye Old Friend : In Jedi Mission I think you could use the transition into Anakin's Nightmare instead of a DVD rip. It's a bit faded but I'll try boosting the volume

Edit:it works perfectly. One of my most biggest annoyances eliminated. As you know I hate using DVD rips and this was one of the very few instances where I had to (for these few seconds)

TFU 2 all ready had the unreleased portion from "Goodbye Old Friend" when Anakin had the "waking dream" moment clean.

yes, but was missing the small transition (fade out) between the Force theme and the waking dream. And the BF2 file of Goodbye Old Friend cuts it off.

Unless you can point me to a file that has it

Edit : Trent I listened to your edit and your using a DVD rip for the transition I mean .I can hear the reverb change and a bit of Obi Wan shouting .

It's weird i made an old edit that included a portion of Anakin's Confession a long time ago that doesn't have the distortions all the other files have. I can't find it anymore

Was that in the old PSP TFU files?

Is there any recurring themes in the officially released tracks? And any of John Williams' themes in the original music from the game? Just wondering...

Yes, the force theme is used.

That's cool! Do you know what track(s) that's in?

Another question: is there any doubled up music between the OST and the tracks they've been releasing online?

At the moment, I put them all together (removing the "tavern" music), which results in 30 tracks totalling up to almost three hours in length.

That really IS a lot of music for one game!