The Music of Star Wars: The Old Republic

MissPadmé

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell, one of the composers just took 'the intersection scene" from wotw

Probably Gordy Haab or Lennie Moore. They are exceptionally good at imitating Williams. Their own voices aren't as strong as Mark Griskey's and Wilbert Roget's, I think.

It can probably take several hours for the video on youtube to process, depending on how fast or slow Alexander's internet connection is. He may have the files uploaded before that finishes processing.

Uploading several files at once can slow the process down, yes, but it's more likely YouTube's busy processing lots of videos at once.

What's the ROTJ stuff? Stuff that we don't have from the Anthology?

w00t padme's visit.

The full cue?

Also for the game files them selves, just do a split of the files. 500 files for part 1 and 500 files for part 2. That way both parts will be about 425mb's each.

I agree with Trent - splitting can be done manually simply by putting half the files in one folder and half in the other, then RARing them up separately.

I've heard the Padme's visit bit, or at least the bit somebody else got from a tiny rip - it's not the full bit but it presents a sizeable amount of the Lament reprisal - enough to replace the majority of the watery-sounding PSP TFU file.

Are you sure we don't have friends in high places? I mean, the amount of untouched/unlooped, full cues in this game is astounding.

Star Wars Galaxies only had a small portion of "Padmé's Visit" then TFU 1 and 2 had a bit more. Hopefully TOR has the full cue.

I am wondering the same ggtuck about having friends in high places.

Is "Padmé's Visit" the full cue with this game, Alexander?

Hey, i heard the elevator scene unused passage.

Obi-Wan Faces Death full. (that's 8228F112_B8FC584236CFFCE4.ogg)

(almost finished uploading, three quarter's of a hour remaining)

Anakin vs Sebulba clean opening

I am the Senate opening stuff.

We have Anakin vs Sebulba's clean opening (well, pretty much) from the UE, but this might go better with the alternate version.

Nice to know they found a place for some of the TPM stuff. Personally, I'll hope for End Credits PT2 instrumental, or the rest of Big Army (that at the moment we have to loop bits for)

Nice to know they found a place for some of the TPM stuff. Personally, I'll hope for End Credits PT2 instrumental, or the rest of Big Army (that at the moment we have to loop bits for)

Battlefront 2 has that piece. I can't remember exactly which file it was but there was a bit of the quiet passage from "Goodbye, Old Friend" that was overlapped but it was still better than having to loop any spots.

Good, I hated the overlay in the TFU 2 file.

I managed to reverse-wave that for my edit - it left behind hiss though. I hope we get the ending too, the transition between TFU file to DVD to TFU file isn't good.

I managed to reverse-wave that for my edit - it left behind hiss though. I hope we get the ending too, the transition between TFU file to DVD to TFU file isn't good.

I think I heard that in one of the TFU 2 files. I know I've used it for my edit.

Is there anything new with Yoda vs Dooku? And is it the original, or the film mix?

I hope some part of the Conveyor Belt turns up. I've been hoping that comes out ever since I've heard about the stuff that's missing from it in the BH files.

I think we have all of Gas leak though, save for a clean opening. though it's useful for the purpose of removing a few crap edits in the UE, though.

I think I heard that in one of the TFU 2 files. I know I've used it for my edit.

It was in TFU2, but it also appeared in TFU1 as well, albeit with the chord in the first file being shorter. The DVD is still neccesary to fill out a small section, plus to eliminate the tracked drums over the start of the clean ending.

Well, methinks they've lost their opportunity - with 2011, there was ample opportunity with the Blu-Ray films, but they failed to take heed, and they'll fail to do so again with the 3D films due out from next year. And now the scores are coming out anyways. Poor business decision, LucasFilm, very poor indeed.

What's stupid too is they know that the complete intended Prequels along with properly remastered Original Trilogy scores would be a huge seller. I wish they would let either Intrada or La-La Land go in and assemble the scores and release them. Unfortunately that'll never happen.

Well, the proposal has been put forward on Intrada's forums (under a topic labelled "First Intrada/Disney... will Intrada/LucasFilm be next?"), and it seems to have garnered a bit of support (but let's face it, most are on there after a specific score anyways)

Do we have any of the other 'overlays' that TFU1 and 2 were insistent on placing crap samples over? Like the solo strings bit from I Am the Senate?

Doesn't make much sense to me since it's Prequel stuff we were talking about there. Ah well, it's not up to me anyways. I'm getting the rip now, though, and I see Alexander's video's finished processing too.

Is it me, or does the unreleased portion sound a tiny bit different to the film? Could be because of all the processing done to the film score, such as Lucas choosing to amplify certain instruments.

Boys Into Battle... War Drums and all? That means we just need to add that one small trumpet measure that will be missing from it.

No posts have been deleted.

No, what i meant was, in the Prequel Resource thread. My post and a lot of these posts before it were moved from that thread into this one. That's where the confusion's arising from.

In the case of my post, it makes less sense as it applies to the Prequel Resource thread, not this one.

Irony: When Datameister finishes his Get 'em, R-2! mockup, the rest of the actual cue surfaces :\

We have all of Arrival at Coruscant from Episode 2 now!

I kinda thought that'd be the case after it appeared in a TOR making-of video.

I hope for more of Boys Continue - particularly the transition between the first and second bit that we don't have clean yet. We now have the clean ending for it though.