R.I.P. Gerry Rafferty

A24

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always loved Baker St. Great great song. It's a ticket to heaven if ever there was.

You don't have to listen to the radio to hear those songs, you just have to live.

Alex - Who doesn't recall any other Rafferty songs besides those two mentioned here

You listen to Radio 2? You old fart!

It's THE radio station of choice. Love me a bit of Ken Bruce in the morning and Jeremy Vine in the afternoon.

Alex - Who doesn't recall any other Rafferty songs besides those two mentioned here

What, you mean to say you don't even know Get it Right Next Time?

Maybe you need to "live" a little more, hey.

No, but it sounded cool though. While I was listening, another Rafferty song popped into my mind: Right Down The Line.

No, but it sounded cool though.

That's what Rafferty was - cool. He was one cool mofo. The synth bed on that track is about as cool as it gets.

It's THE radio station of choice. Love me a bit of Ken Bruce in the morning and Jeremy Vine in the afternoon.

I thought fellow ginger Chris Evens took over from The Eternal Wogan?

Anyway should you not be listening to Radio 1, and be verbally abused by Chris Moyles every morning?

I used to like Moyles and Radio 1. But now his big gob gets on my bloody wick and I can't be doing with that new-fangled headbanging music they play - Tingy Stryder and Keyshia can bugger off.

Oh and Chris Evans' show ends at 09.30, which is when Bruce takes over ;)

You know a freaky amount about British broadcasting, Steef, which is odd - because I know sweet fuck all about telly in the Netherlands!

I thought fellow ginger Chris Evens took over from The Eternal Wogan?

Anyway should you not be listening to Radio 1, and be verbally abused by Chris Moyles every morning?

I would agree with you, since I do not like Mr. Evans, and I did not like Mr. Wogan, either, except...I tuned into Radio 1, this morning at ten past nine, and what did I hear? Take That! M'lud, the case for the prosecution rests.

And no, I don't have, and will never have a mullet!

Those are for the Southern Dutch.....

So that's what they are called, nowadays. ;)

I like Take That, since they made their comeback. They don't mince about like queers anymore and their songs are always very melodic. Good pop music.

I'm not criticizing Take That, Quint: to each his own, but I do question the inclusion of said pop combo on Radio 1.