What is the last video game you played?

Quintus

call me rosy-tinted glasses wearing, but I think you're full of shit. And I'm an expert on being full of shit.

Yes, you are.

Are you serious? Or wasted?

You're going to compare Star Wars to a game that was hated when it came out, hated after it came out, and most likely hated into eternity? The only people that enjoyed that game grew up to be masochists.

A more appropriate comparison might be Star Wars and Tetris.

"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles". Good god man. What are you smoking?

Nah, you're remembering it all wrong. The magazine critics weren't keen, but plenty of kids loved it. The Turtles were literally at their peak of popularity back then. You're confused, but tell you what if it makes you feel better swap Turtles for Super Mario Bros. You think kids today would give an NES and that masterpiece the time of day? You're fucking deluded son. Deluded by nostalgia. All but the most understanding and cultured of whippersnappers would laugh at your quaint historical offering.

But I suppose there's always the third world countries.

Your comparison is asinine. And you can blow holes through it despite it being a completely unfair comparison. Your comparison is asinine because Super Mario Bros. came out in 1988. That's 16 years after the first mainstream popular video game. Assuming we mark 1898 as the first mainstream motion picture, I can't think of a single movie from (a generous) 10-30 years after 1898 that kids are lining up to see.

And again, "You think kids today would give an NES and that masterpiece the time of day?"

I don't see kids pulling out their VHS/Betamax Tapes of Star Wars either. But the Gameboy Advance re-release of Super Mario Bros. sold 3.5 million copies. Super Mario Advance (which is the Star Wars special edition equivalent of Super Mario Bros 2. (1989)), sold 8 million copies. The Gameboy Advance's age demographic was 9-15 year olds.

The Legend of Zelda - Link to the Past re-release sold 4 million on just the Gameboy Advance.

And again what about a game like Tetris (1984)? It's sold well over 100 million copies since 2008 alone.

The data just doesn't support your feelings.

call me rosy-tinted glasses wearing, but I think you're full of shit. And I'm an expert on being full of shit.

Yes, you are.

Are you serious? Or wasted?

You're going to compare Star Wars to a game that was hated when it came out, hated after it came out, and most likely hated into eternity? The only people that enjoyed that game grew up to be masochists.

A more appropriate comparison might be Star Wars and Tetris.

"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles". Good god man. What are you smoking?

Nah, you're remembering it all wrong. The magazine critics weren't keen, but plenty of kids loved it. The Turtles were literally at their peak of popularity back then. You're confused, but tell you what if it makes you feel better swap Turtles for Super Mario Bros. You think kids today would give an NES and that masterpiece the time of day? You're fucking deluded son. Deluded by nostalgia. All but the most understanding and cultured of whippersnappers would laugh at your quaint historical offering.

But I suppose there's always the third world countries.

Sigh, never mind, you just don't get it. And using bold font to make your points doesn't help me to understand your obtuse thinking. It just makes you look a lecturing c*nt.

FYI Tetris is a puzzle game based on matching shapes together. Its appeal is as timeless jigsaws, and players, including non gamers, enjoy it for that reason. Its manifestation in this medium is irrelevant to this discussion, to the point I'm making. Get a friggin' clue, Blumenkohl.

Actually I'm not sure what either of you blathering lecturers' points is anymore and I'm the one who started this shit storm. I guess I should just keep my love of old games to myself because I can't resell them and dumping them in a hole out back with my Atari ET carts is illegal. When I declare which game I'm playing, I'll be sure to only invoke a title released in the prior 48 hours.

Really? Sorry, I'm unaware of it if it's the case. In all seriousness Wojo stands out lately as being a total grump, which is his own business of course, but I was genuinely prying in a blokey effort to get him to spill the beans and talk about it.

Blume is just Blume and therefore as reliable as always!

Yes, and thanks for the link

I finished up finding all the Relics in Far Cry 3..all 120 of them.Some were hard to find, you had to take a glider and land right on a cliff's ledge, or had to swim through underwater tunnels to get to

Yeah I'm still not entirely sure how the Share button works. I'll add you tonight. Abandoned CaptainQuint?

Also been contemplating picking up Battlefield 4 as it's only $49 right now. How does the multiplayer feel? Is it as smooth as COD now?

It's silk. A VAST step up from previous gen console Battlefield. I'm used to it already on PC but to you it'll be night and day.

And remember to stick to Team Deathmatch until you reach at least rank 10! Smaller maps, 20 players. The full bodied 64 player BF isn't for the impatient or the faint hearted and you will need to feel comfortable and competent with the mechanics first. Click the right stick in the server browser to set your search filters and you'll be good.

To be honest I rarely play the big 64 player Conquest stuff myself; preferring TD, Squad TD and 32 player Rush.

Oh yeah, I wasn't bothered about my old account started fresh.

Yeah I liked Battlefield 3 but I could never get into the large scale vehicular combat of it all. I thought that Close Quarters DLC sounded like something for me, but by the time it came out I had been long moved on to other games.

They've finally created interior and exterior spaces this time - purpose built for infantry-centric gameplay into all of the maps on the disc and all of the DLC content will fully cater for it as well. Pure Team Deathmatch was new to the franchise when it debuted in BF3, but it quickly proved one of the most popular modes in the game.

I'll be picking up Premium next week when the first four maps drop, because I love all the extra goodies you get thrown in (drip feed of weapons, skins, double XP blah blah blah).

Oh definitely. But I'll literally play this till Battlefield 5 comes out in two years. I was playing BF3 right up to last week.

I think the way CoD crams so much extra content into its short annual refresh time is too much. With two years I feel like I've had my monies worth and know the DLC maps inside out.

Oh definitely. But I'll literally play this till Battlefield 5 comes out in two years. I was playing BF3 right up to last week.

I think the way CoD crams so much extra content into its short annual refresh time is too much. With two years I feel like I've had my monies worth and know the DLC maps inside out.

Agreed. I recall seeing an article though with EA contemplating an annual Battlefield or something like that. Right now they've been alternating it with Medal Of Honor. I thought Warfighter actually had a lot of potential, it being a good combo of COD close quarters and BF style gameplay, but I don't think that franchise will last.

Just orderded BF4, by the way.

Eurogamer did an interview with a EA or DICE guy last week about that same question. The short answer was they are only one team and one game every two years is that team maxed out and they can't manage any more.

Played a half hour of New Vegas last night, er, this morning after the encore of TWD because I had a junior bloodlust brewing, and it was as stable and fun as ever. I also bought FarCry 3 on the Steam sale but I haven't downloaded it yet because I need to redownload the Steam game copier so I put all my games on a slave drive instead of filling up my SSD.

To a degree, sure, but I'm not sure that's the case with me. $400 is perfectly affordable for me. I think it's more that since the PS4 was announced my initiative in playing games just slowly died down. Now that it's here I keep looking at Amazon's PS4 page as if more games are going to suddenly appear for me to buy.

I still have a pretty sizeable backlog of PS3s games that I was never able to settle down and wipe clean. In terms of 2013s games though, no, the generation went out with a bang in the form of BioShock Infinite, The Last Of Us, and GTA V.

I have about 25 xbox360 and Ps3 left on my shelf to do.

I still play one at a time and finish every one I start but I accumulated a few over the years

I go through about 15 titles a year so it's more a years worth

Enjoy your dying jerky frame rate to the max!

Well it's not as bad as gaming on a 3DS like Jason. I also have about 6 titles to buy on the PS3 this year (like Final Fantasy 10 HD remaster)

that's fine, you guys keep contributing to mobile gaming and the decline of videogames as a whole

I shudder at the thought of major titles coming out on tablets only in the future

Hey, to be honest now, Plants vs. Zombies makes perfect sense on a touchscreen device, whether it's a phone or tablet or Windows 8 computer or whatever Mac has touch. I just hate the idea of incrementally paying for content as I go, far more than subscription based game play like MMORPG'S or XBox Live.

But mobile games make perfect sense for casual gamers, people on the go, and when on the toilet. If you want to drag your console when you need to take an epic dump, that's great. For me, it's time for a few quick Words with Friends.