GAME OF THRONES

SF1_freeze

Although it is slightly embarrassing for those who were edged out by the bear.

Well he has such a noble bearing no wonder he is featured more than the Iron Islanders or the blind maester.

I was surprised to see so much screen time was given to the bastard Baratheon boy (the one that gets taken by the red-haired witch lady). I think his story was among the least memorable ones of Season 3 (though not the least liked, that will always be Theon's torture)

Ah yes, Gendry. The problem is that didn't really go anywhere at all by season's end. He's taken, messed with, and then... leaves on a boat.

At least it was satisfying for Theon to get what he had coming. Or rather lose.

Yea, but everything that happened to Theon could have been summed up in one episode, not dragged across the season.

I'm sure Gendry stuff will pay off in Season 4, it just was among the less compelling story lines of season 3.

What was confusing about Theon's story?

I think Theon's character very interesting, from his life as a hostage of the Starks to the leader of some Greyjoy armies to his utter defeat at keeping Winterfell. It was just his torture by Ramsay Snow after that that wasn't interesting.

Out of interest, have you guys read the books?

I think Theon's torture (which iirc was absent from the books) was to make the Bastard's reveal that much better. Interesting that you guys didn't enjoy it though.

EDIT: He is tortured in the books but I don't think we hear about it first hand.

Out of interest, have you guys read the books?

I think Theon's torture (which iirc was absent from the books) was to make the Bastard's reveal that much better. Interesting that you guys didn't enjoy it though.

EDIT: He is tortured in the books but I don't think we hear about it first hand.

It was handled differently in the book than the show. We don't actually see his torture. I really liked how they handled Theon's storyline in the book.

It was much more effective to see Theon referred to as an entire character entirely, to the point where the reader cannot recognize him.

But that would have been implausible for TV, and couldn't have been done that effectively anyway.

Interesting that you guys didn't enjoy it though.

That's because there isn't much to enjoy. It goes like this:

Episode 01: Theon gets tortured

Episode 02: Theon gets tortured

Episode 03: Theon gets tortured

Episode 04: Fake escape with Ramsay

Episode 05: Oh, no! It was a fake escape!

Episode 06: Theon gets tortured

Episode 07: Theon gets tortured

Episode 08: Theon gets tortured

Episode 09: Theon gets his dick cut off

Episode 10: "Hey, by the way, I'm Ramsay Snow!". Theon gets tortured.

It's not like that in the book.

Interesting that you guys didn't enjoy it though.

That's because there isn't much to enjoy. It goes like this:

Episode 01: Theon gets tortured

Episode 02: Theon gets tortured

Episode 03: Theon gets tortured

Episode 04: Fake escape with Ramsay

Episode 05: Oh, no! It was a fake escape!

Episode 06: Theon gets tortured

Episode 07: Theon gets tortured

Episode 08: Theon gets tortured

Episode 09: Theon gets his dick cut off

Episode 10: "Hey, by the way, I'm Ramsay Snow!". Theon gets tortured.

Was it really that drawn out? I can barely remember. I'll see in my re-watch but yeah, I can see what you mean.

OK, no book spoilers!

But it's like that in the show!

Yes, that's a pity.

In the book, all of that torture has already happened by the time we're re-introduced to Theon, so we don't have to read pages of that stuff.

Yeah, that's one of the reasons why its implausible to expect it to have been done the way it was in the book

I loved the character on season 1. Season 2 she was a waste of screen time (WHERE.ARE.MY.DRAGONS.) They needlessly stretched out her storyline because she's popular. Season 3 was a bit better but it kind of tailed off again after Dracarys. The very last scene of the season was cringe-worthy as hell but Ramin Djawadi put some nice music to it.

To be honest, more Tyrion!

Yup, I bought them both. No sales tax in New Hampshire either!

Too bad Season 3 isn't out yet (I hate how studios don't release a season until just before the next season is about to air)

Holy crap! Today Amazon is selling ALL FIVE Game of Thrones books for $9.99 on Kindle. That's $9.99 TOTAL, not each!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0345535529/jwfancom-20

They are also selling a paperback collection for $25!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0345535529/jwfancom-20