The endless yearn (aka why do you want all of a film's music?)

Elmo Lewis

What makes you want all the tracks from a film score?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. 'Surprise on Ceti Alpha V' is one of those atmospheric tracks built on a succession of chords. If you think it was important to the score's expanded release, can you explain why?

• It's part of the film's narrative and I want my film music to stick close to that.
    • It's more than just chords. Let me explain to you how below.
    • Forget its musical qualities. If it belongs to the movie, it belongs in my collection.
    • I can do better album assemblies than most producers, so I want all the material to select from
    • That track? Eh, I usually skip it. The rest of the music is nice to have, though.
    • I want it so it can set a precedent for other releases to be complete. It's a small price to pay.
    • Atmospheric chords are what film music is about.

Eh, I think Thor's mellowed out a bit. He now seems to accept C&C as a valid way of listening, even if he insists that it's only good for following the narrative of the film and cannot make musical sense. His older posts seemed furious at the fact that C&C scores were even being released. You guys don't seem to realize how close you've gotten to a truce with him.

This.

Just because we can keep talking about it doesn't mean there's more to say. ;)

:lock2:

And this.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the moderators (i.e. Jason) made it clear in the previous lock-down that they feel we've gone the appropriate rounds on the subject at this point in time. And to be honest, it was really going in circles, anyway.

Yes, but that's only your fault. We all know that you LOVE going in circles, and you are only happy if a thread is locked when you don't know how to defend yourself.

Plus -- and as I already told Ricard in the other thread -- I'm not debating with people who are set to make it personal, confrontational and more about me and my person than the issue itself.

That's because YOU make it personal, confrontational and more about YOU and your person than the issue itself.

Stick to the subject at hand, don't pretend to know what I like (and why I do so) better than myself and finally enter without the need to convince the other part that they're somehow 'wrong' (as preferences can't be right or wrong)

LOL it looks like you're describing yourself here!

and then maybe we'll take up the thread again at a later time.

Perhaps in the next decade.

Let me save you, and everybody else some time:

Arguing with Thor is pointless. And never spend more than 30 minutes doing it.