BloodBoal

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Breach! While they're both pretty darn similar, who doesn't love the faster and more action packed version? :P

This is the first LOTR-related thread I've posted in on this forum...serious LOTR fan coming your way...

- KK

Breach Of The Deeping Wall.

But it's close.

It wouldn't be so close if the Deeping Wall version was a little longer.

[randomgushing] At this point, I would like to say that a score has seldomly created as many motifs that are instantly recognisable as LOTR. [/randomgushing]

Like the Last March Of The Ents and The Battle Of The Pelennor Fields overlayed?

:drool:

I have no idea what you're talking about, but yeah, like that one.

I was thinking about something: as far as we know, The Hobbit will include the attack on Dôl Guldur. Hence, we can expect other kick-ass statements of the Lothlorien theme in martial mode. Here's hoping Shore doesn't disappoint!

I really want to see how PJ pulls of that White Council attack. Will there be armies battling or just the grey beard wizards and Galadriel and Elrond going on a commando mission to blast the Necromancer to bits with their awesome might?

Like the Last March Of The Ents and The Battle Of The Pelennor Fields overlayed?

:drool:

I have no idea what you're talking about, but yeah, like that one.

I was thinking about something: as far as we know, The Hobbit will include the attack on Dôl Guldur. Hence, we can expect other kick-ass statements of the Lothlorien theme in martial mode. Here's hoping Shore doesn't disappoint!

I really want to see how PJ pulls of that White Council attack. Will there be armies battling or just the grey beard wizards and Galadriel and Elrond going on a commando mission to blast the Necromancer to bits with their awesome might?

I imagine there'll be a battle at first and then a dungeon adventure with the wizards. I imagine they will tie it visually with Gandald being prisoner at Dolg Guldur and meeting Thror (was it Thror?) who gives him the map and then escapes or something like that.

Gandalf was never a prisoner in Dol Guldur but Thráin, Thorin's father was imprisoned there while the wizard was on a mission to find out the identity of the Necromancer, one of two separate attempts if I remember correctly. It will make an awesome flashback scene in the film. :)

The melody in Breach is a variation that feels like rushed. Of course I gguess that's the point of it. But it wouldn't work without the presence of The Host of the Eldar and Hornburg. It needs those other statements so it can refer back to them and you know what's quoting while varying the melody in that rushed way.

Breach! While they're both pretty darn similar, who doesn't love the faster and more action packed version? :P

This is the first LOTR-related thread I've posted in on this forum...serious LOTR fan coming your way...

- KK

It's never too late to vote in the other two polls. You can be the one who will decide which Gondor theme statement will take the advantage!

The White Tree Vs The Lighting Of The Beacons

Master Meriadoc, Swordthain Vs The Muster Of Rohan (5:00-End)

Alright, I voted on the other polls. It took little time to really vote on the Gondor Theme poll. While both statements are excellent, I've always listened to the Lighting of the Beacons version (largely because I rarely ever listen to the OSTs anymore, usually only CRs). The Lighting of the Beacons is what plays in film, and I'm very fond of the film version considering that was actually one of the big moments I really recognized film music. That awe-inspiring moment in which the Gondor theme takes flight has got to be one of the most powerful moments in film music. Simply adore it! Also I've always felt the Lighting of the Beacons version is a bit more dynamic. Just my personal opinion though, but I guess I settled the tie :)

As for the second poll, that was easy, the alternate was better :P

- KK

- KK

It's never too late to vote in the other two polls. You can be the one who will decide which Gondor theme statement will take the advantage!

The White Tree Vs The Lighting Of The Beacons

Master Meriadoc, Swordthain Vs The Muster Of Rohan (5:00-End)

! Also I've always felt the Lighting of the Beacons version is a bit more dynamic.

- KK

:blink: ???