Howard Shore's An Unexpected Journey (Hobbit Part 1)

Jay

My Dear Frodo film version, without the humming.

Yeah the doc, forgot to mention that.

Film-mix of Warg-scouts

I hear unused drumming in Warg-Scouts!!

Company theme from brass buttons.

Yeah, but mono (I think the solo may be muted a bit too)

The Adventure Begins film mix.

The Invention of Golf (Film Version)

The choral element from Axe Or Sword is isolated....

Rivendell choir isolated...

More valley of imladris.

BTW, one of the early versions of the Misty Mountains song reminded me of A Window to the Past.

Nameless fear clean opening.

Look Who It Is.

Goblintown.

Choir overlayed over Bilbo seeing the one ring in "The White Council"?

Where's Bilbo

Stone Trolls.

Faint. (is seems the hit in the film seems to have been added editorially?)

The unknown music that is heard in the Shore documentary is in there as well!

Thorin's theme on piano?

Instrumental Blunt the Knives..

Radagast the Brown (Film Version) part 2.

Roast Mutton choir.

Radagast The Brown (Gandalfs Theme with strings instead of choir.)

Edge of the Wild string version.

Throat Cutters!

Almost all are atleast somewhat clean (there is some slight "murk" artifacts from the vocal removal sometimes.)

Some cues you could get a few seconds clean, and in stereo*.

From the menus we have:

My Dear Frodo (From In A Hole in the Ground, to Erebor)

Valley of Imladris

*(Alot of the bits in the documentaries are short microedited bits, so you could add a subtle fake stereo filter, and it would be perfectly passable.)

Yeah, I wish it would have faded out a little later though, because part of the Erebor theme that was microedited fades out right before it would have segued into the album cue.

BTW, the menu music of the EE Blu-rays are the same as the DVDs right?

BTW, here is "The Ring" ripped from the Appendices:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RCOuItKfT4&feature=youtu.be

Here is the five wizards (Radagast the Brown, Gandalf's theme) "instrumental" film version ripped from the appendices:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNsqfZ5VtH4

That is a new recording of History of the Ring, isn't it? Not tracked from LOTR?

Yes, the beginning and end is original atleast.

I know its not really Howard Shore but:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhXZm6gqFGQ&feature=youtu.be

Early Demo's of the Misty Mountains song.

Throat Cutters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7DeyZ6vn1M&feature=youtu.be

BTW, when going through the Appendices rip, i noticed some unused and unreleased bits of Roast Mutton!

BTW I think that building fanfare in "Drop Him!" miight be derived from the theme in The World is Ahead, and Erebor.

I'm aware of a theme that plays in both Erebor and An Unexpected Party, but not aware of one that plays in both Erebor and The World Is Ahead.

Of course, there's Shore's original Company theme, which plays in The World Is Ahead and Edge Of The Wild....

Erebor and The World Is Ahead.

Its the theme everyone calls the Dwarf Adventure theme.

Right, I got confused and swapped Erebor with The Dwarf Lords in my head :)

yea, the "Dwarf Adventure Theme" plays throughout "Erebor" and also appears at 0:41 of The World Is Ahead. It'd be cool if there was more unreleased variants of it!

Erebor and The World Is Ahead.

Its the theme everyone calls the Dwarf Adventure theme.

Right, I got confused and swapped Erebor with The Dwarf Lords in my head :)

yea, the "Dwarf Adventure Theme" plays throughout "Erebor" and also appears at 0:41 of The World Is Ahead. It'd be cool if there was more unreleased variants of it!

It's also subtly quoted in a good omen at about 3.25 and followed by a hint of the dwarf lords theme. Then there's that gorgeous string counterpoint which is almost reminiscent of breaking of the fellowship, which leads into the Erebor horn call. I mostly prefer the film version of the finale but that passage is beautiful.

You know I never noticed that hint of the Dwarf Lords theme in A Good Omen, thanks for pointing that out tannhauser. I'm hoping we hear a grander statement of that theme in the second film when they're traversing that huge sculpture.

Guys, the. theme that plays in Erebor and opens The World. is Ahead. is Bilbos Adventure

I hear Bilbo's Adventure at 0:12 and Dwarf Adventure at 0:41.

"Erebor" is an arrangement of Dwarf Adventure, not Bilbo's Adventure (though they are wicked similar, for some reason)

Guys, the. theme that plays in Erebor and opens The World. is Ahead. is Bilbos Adventure

I hear Bilbo's Adventure at 0:12 and Dwarf Adventure at 0:41. "Erebor" is an arrangement of Dwarf Adventure, not Bilbo's Adventure (though they are wicked similar, for some reason)

Where did this "Dwarf Adventure" theme. come from? Doug? Cause it sounds like a natural extension/variation of Bilbos Adventure. That's how I've always seen it.

I dunno where it came from. I agree they are very similar. But why name the track "Erebor" if it's an arrangement of Bilbo's Adventure theme?

I dunno where it came from. I agree they are very similar. But why name the track "Erebor" if it's an arrangement of Bilbo's Adventure theme?

Because that is the destination of his (and the dwarvers') quest?

My Dear Frodo full clean film version!

I forgot to mention, I used Gkgyvers mockups for these two, just for a few seconds of music.

Wow, that syncopated choir in Smaug's attack (0.59) is really weird and different (and awesome!)

Well, the adventure is ultimately to Erebor right? I believe the track was a sort of sketch done for one the scenes that may have been moved from AUJ to DoS. That or a scene that was ultimately rescored in AUJ. And it's probably one of those journey shots to Erebor.

I don't think title holds much significance in relation to what theme is being used.

"Dreaming Of Bag End", "A Very Respectable Hobbit", "Erebor", and "The Dwarf Lords" are all theme presentations, and not cues written for specific scenes.

I believe he was talking about the Erebor Theme returning in a big way, not the TRACK "Erebor", which of course does not contain the Erebor theme.

BTW A Very Respectable Hobbit is edited on the Album, or atleast, it was recorded in parts, and then combined editorally.

"Dreaming Of Bag End", "A Very Respectable Hobbit", "Erebor", and "The Dwarf Lords" are all theme presentations, and not cues written for specific scenes.

How do you know this?

BTW A Very Respectable Hobbit is edited on the Album, or atleast, it was recorded in parts, and then combined editorally.

No, I don't believe that is correct.

No, I don't believe that is correct.

Well, I found a version, after the Shire theme, instead of going into the "fussy" theme, it goes into a clean ending.