BREAKING BAD

Jay

Coming from a man who's sensitive about certain things in his viewing preference, i find that a bit odd.

I'm sensitive to little things like that. You may not find those relevant. But Jesse just happening to be on the curb of the hospital when they bring in the injured Walt etc etc, i notice little plot mechanisms like that. Especially in a show of such excellence as BB.

Because it IS an astonishing show, in every single aspect....

Why does S4 feel relatively wrapped up, story wise? Werent they sure about S5?

Interesting how Gale insisting to Gus to give this person who made a 99% pure cook another shot is the moment that dictates so many lives and ends of lives in the show.

BB is all about people making the wrong choice, if for reasons that seem good at the time.

Gus' empire would not have crumbled had he gone for 96% over 99+.

The other seasons were great, but season 5 is breathtaking.

Tip: read the DenofGeek reviews after each episode. They're outstanding, some of the finest and most insightful analysis I've ever read.

Why does S4 feel relatively wrapped up, story wise? Werent they sure about S5?

I did seem like this at the time, but when you start the final one it'll be perfectly clear there's still a lot more to tell..

Karol

The reviews there only contain spoilers for the episode you have watched. They are excellent pieces.

I can't remember which my favourite seasons are from earlier on, but I love the ones where Walt and Jesse still cook in the RV. I love the naivety of it, it feels like an adventure. However, the final season is objectively the finest of the lot. It becomes almost Shakespearean in those last 3.

Weren't you disappointed with the last episode though? I remember we talked about it you and I.

I thought it was perfection ;)

Literally couldn't have been any more satisfying, it was cathartic to me!

The reviews there only contain spoilers for the episode you have watched. They are excellent pieces.

I can't remember which my favourite seasons are from earlier on, but I love the ones where Walt and Jesse still cook in the RV. I love the naivety of it, it feels like an adventure.

Yes!

From S3 onwards it's more like they are trapped in a large web of the drug kartels.

Btw, I love walts car. Such a ugly and miserably grey monstrosity. A perfect fit.

kuMSv61.jpg

I would have that car.

On another note, have you noticed how the show becomes more handsomely shot the further in you get? It's a stunner in places.

Btw, Karol's YouTube link is perfectly safe to watch.

Thats an awful looking car!

Yeah the show has a subtle, but good visual style which gets a bit better every season.

Btw, still no idea why Saul should get his own show. Great character. But a great supporting character.

One of those moments where BB briefly departs it's fairly realistic style and just goes for cool. It's a brilliant end to a rather fantastic villain.

the whole set up is also outstanding. with Walt once again using Jesse to his own advantage.

Done season 4? Damn that was fast.

I would love to hear your thoughts on the penultimate episode of season 4. Its one of my personal favourite scenes from the show. Never fails to give me the chills.

that is brilliant actually. The maniacal laughing as his wife gave his money away to the guy she used to sleep with!

Love the camerawork on that scene to, the slow zoom out and how the framing looks like Walt is lying dead in a coffin.

Also...poor Ted! he was a pretty decent guy and he dies tripping over a rug.

that is brilliant actually. The maniacal laughing as his wife gave his money away to the guy she used to sleep with!

Love the camerawork on that scene to, the slow zoom out and how the framing looks like Walt is lying dead in a coffin.

Yeah, the music/sound design was really effective.

Skyler also deserves mention for her role in that scene. Just so much suspense masterfully handled by both the writers and actors alike.

I wonder if the whole Ted thing will continue to haunt them.

Things I hope S5 will deal with.

-Hank still looking for Heisenberg, after determening Fisk isnt a chemist.

-Walt poisening Brock to manipulate Jesse.

- Ted's death.

- Who's going to fill the vacuum left by Fisk

Ah. If that's what he meant then yea of course all those points get attended to in Season 5. This isn't a show where things get brought up then forgotten about, one of the beauties of knowing after Season 4 that they would wrap everything up in 16 more episodes.

Yes, 16.

Episodes 1-8 aired in 2012 and episodes 9-16 aired in 2013.

It's essentially an 8 episode Season 5 and an 8 episode Season 6 though; It's not like they wrote and shot all 16 and then just broke up their airing; First they planned out, shot, and aired 8, then they planned out, shot, and aired the last 8. It's just weird marketing to call them Season 5A and 5B instead of Season 5 and Season 6. In the end I don't even know why they did it that way. Season 5A ends on a cliffhanger as good as any of the other season cliffhangers.

It was pretty intense being a BB fan then. You were never sure how they were going to wrap it all up in a satisfying way in so few a number of episodes.

But boy did they pull it off.

Totally agreed.

Though I remember thinking at the time that the 8 episode season 5A could have easily been expanded to a normal 13 episode season, no problem. There is one point where several months time is covered by a montage, and they could have shown details of that time over a period of a few episodes, and expanded on a few other things to get to a normal season.

The final 8 episodes though are pretty perfect the way they are.

I think it was just show that that an action taken by Walter have have a much bigger consequence that he didn't expect