"I don't have to be Harrison Ford any more. I can be anybody I want - if they'll let me."

Quintus

http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/race/42-supporting-actor-harrison-ford-666537?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+thr%2Fawards+(The+Hollywood+Reporter+-+Awards)#!/entry/view/id/16393

Poor Harrison, lamenting in his old age about being forever typecast. I dunno, I just wish What Lies Beneath wasn't the only time he played the villain. Because he was pretty darn cool at that.

Being about baseball, that 42 film is completely unknown in the UK, obviously receiving no marketing whatsoever. Which is a shame - looking at the clips in that link Ford is almost unrecognisable and good. Must seek it out!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ford played the 'baddie' in:

Mosquito Coast

Presumed Innocent

That's stretching it. PI was full of ambigious, unsympathetic characters and in MC he was more a failed dreamer with ruthless ambition.

Of course, but they can't be categorized as the typical nice characters he usually takes on. BTW, when we get to the end of Mosquito Coast, most people want to kill Ford and he's the ruthless killer in Presumed Innocent, isn't he? Some say he's the baddie in Blade Runner too, especially by those who sympathize with the replicants.