Composers Challenge VIII: Creation

KK

Bring them at me! I'll win!

You have one week TGP! Get at it!

Bring them at me! I'll win!

You have one week TGP! Get at it!

Or as I like to say: Mush, mush!

Is this competition still going?

How much leniency can one panel grant to competitors?

Unless I'm wrong and the competition is already over.

The current challenge closes next Friday as KK mentions in his above post.

Yup. As Incanus said, if you send in your entry by Friday midnight of next week, it will be considered in the competition.

The current challenge closes next Friday as KK mentions in his above post.

Yeah, sure... And next Friday, KK will say: "Alright, guys! I'm giving you one extra month to write your composition..."

NEVER!

So, KK, did you like the entries?

There are some really nice colourful ones in the batch! I haven't heard all of them, just skimmed through it, but some nice Ravel-esque textures are recurring in some entries.

*sigh* . . . S'pose it's time to get to work on this. . . .

One week Uni! I hope to see your name on that list...

Today's the last day folks!

Get your entries in by midnight! Feel free to email me if you have any problems or inquiries about the process.

Entries will be available for the public by Monday. Participants will be sent confirmation emails over the weekend.

Hope you guys are as excited for hearing all the entries as I am!

Cheers,

KK

Today I was overcome by extreme disappointment that I didn't do this.

Oh you didn't have time to participate. Awwww. That's a shame. But there will always be the next time! :)

The upside is that what's been taking up much of my time (chamber piece dedicated to my brother's incoming first child) fits this challenge well, so in my mind it'll function as my entry.

Entries will be available to the public over the weekend.

But while you're waiting, allow me to introduce you to a new addition to our Judges' Panel: Mike T.

http://composerschallenge.com/viii/the-judges-panel/mike-t/

Ooooh is that you Mr. Who? (Formerly known as the Grey Pilgrim)

An alias based on a relative - the fall man, if you will - with similar enough tastes to obscure my own identity.  I'll not have angry composers coming after me for uncomplimentary reviews.

Another New York man with a love of A.I. and LotR? I think you've found your new companion Dr. Who.

Now I get it why you didn't participate in this challenge yourself. ;)

Mike the Mysterious is more like it! He obviously wants to shelter his true name so when he is rich and famous after this Composers Challenge (for it will bring untold riches and fame) he can hide from his countless fans and admirers and live quiet life of riches and splendor in peace without all the peasants hanging on the bell string all day. Because that is what I had to do after becoming a judge in this noble contest. I live in the Finnish outback in a ramshackle shack with internet connection in fear that the legions of my adoring fans will discover my location! I should not have revealed my true identity!

And on an etymological note your name actually is derived from the same name as mine. Both Mike and Mikko are derived from Michael (or Mikael in Finnish).

My Finnish brother!

There's another Michael in the family, so he goes by the full name, and I took the shortened one since it's just my middle name which I occasionally masquerade under.

Mike the Mysterious is more like it! He obviously wants to shelter his true name so when he is rich and famous after this Composers Challenge (for it will bring untold riches and fame) he can hide from his countless fans and admirers and live quiet life of riches and splendor in peace without all the peasants hanging on the bell string all day. Because that is what I had to do after becoming a judge in this noble contest. I live in the Finnish outback in a ramshackle shack with internet connection in fear that the legions of my adoring fans will discover my location! I should not have revealed my true identity!

You didn't read the fine print! It's all there in your contract!

You didn't read the fine print! It's all there in your contract!

A wizard is never too late to read the fine print! He reads it precisely when he means to (and sometimes to his disadvantage)!

And I believe Mike here, made the same mistake! You have room for one more in that shack of yours? ;)

No! This contest is closed! Closed, do you hear me!

By the time this is over, Zimmer will have taken over the world, and such contests will be banned, not to ridicule the great emperor.

JWfan will be a small underground rebellion, worshipping the piccolo flute in uninhibited rave partys, having chilling orgasms to visions of Howard Shore conducting the London Philharmonics.

I am sure our innovative judges' circle (know as the Amazingly Fantastic and Stupendously Wise, Learned, Cultured and Refined Four) is watching, listening and writing on the entries as I type.

Since my usual Sunday night tv programmes are on hiatus this week, my write-ups should be in later tonight. I mean, they would be, if I were a judge.

I'll start my reviews in the upcoming week now that my evenings are not swamped by studies anymore. I have seen and heard all the entries now and I have to say there is some fantastic stuff there of which I am excited to write about. :)