Bridge of Spies FILM discussion

mrbellamy

I don't have much to add to the conversation because I haven't seen Bridge of Spies yet. Probably won't until home video.

I don't have much to add to the conversation because I haven't seen Bridge of Spies yet. Probably won't until home video.

Indeed, it's a Netflixer to me.

SPECTRE and Force Awakens are the only remaining 2015 films I really want to see in the theater. Maybe The Good Dinosaur....

Might catch The Martian too, if I can combine it with something else, like Black Mass, Steve Jobs, or Crimson Peak

If Williams scored Bridge of Spies, I would have seen it already. Ditto if it was getting rave reviews. But I feel like I know exactly what to expect with this movie. I'm more excited for The BFG and Ready Player One.

Instead of seeing a talky movie that will play fine at home, I want to see a sci-fi movie with action and explosions - on the big screen.

Yeah, not much in terms of explosions and action in THE MARTIAN (although there's a little bit of it here and there). I loved the film, despite some reservations. In fact, one of my reservations was the use of comedy which we've been talking about lately. Scott is no good at that either.

Scott is a relatively humorless filmmaker and I love him for it!

Same here. In fact, that is one of the reasons why he's second only to Spielberg on my list of fav directors.

So instead of seeing Tom Hanks save the USA you wanna see the USA save Matt Damon?

But isn't that okay to do when the filmmaker is a foreigner? It's not like Ron Howard made The Martian is it.

• 4 months later...