Complete Releases?

Dr. Jones

Is the Minority Report and the Catch me if you can Album complete?

Both movies are about 140 min and albums only about 70.

Dr. Jones - Who knows that it is similar with Saving Private Ryan

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No.

Jones - Who knows that it is similar with Saving Private Ryan

Actually the SPR CD has more music than the movie :)

And it's still out of order!

~Harry

and not worth my time listening.

Maybe it's not worth it's time to be played for you. :roll:

morn, if your going to reply, actually use some wit, rather than using an inane quip that is meaningless.

No.

Jones - Who knows that it is similar with Saving Private Ryan

Having (finally!) seen Catch Me If You Can yesterday, I was actually left with the opposite feeling. I believe you Ricard, no I'm not going to cast doubt upon what you say, but seeing the movie just once makes it hard to enjoy the movie and watchfully pursue the individual score cues. I loved the movie, could't help laughing hard at times (and I didn't really wish that they would finally catch Frank Jr.--I apologize for that, I know what he did was okay by no means, but the way he conned his one-night 1000-dolar affair-gal induced huge applaud in the theatre!!!) and when I came home and played the score I'd bought earlier that day, I felt I am hearing more music than the movie gave me.

To cut it short, despite my JWs favorite score of past 3 years still being MR, CMIYC is a wonderful movie with an excellent score deserving a nomination.

Minority Report has some unreleased material. For example during the Howard Marks case sequence we hear a great rendition of one of the Pre-Crime themes. :)

Justin -Who would love to have that cue.

One cue I definitely noticed from Catch Me If You Can that is unreleased is the music as Tom Hanks' character is going up to Frank's hotel room. It's a variation of the main theme that does not appear on the CD. Also if I'm not mistaken, the music on the plane when Hanks makes his "revelation" to Frank near the end of the film is also unreleased.

I could probably think of more if I saw the film again, but that's all I'm sure of for now. It's true that the album gives a very good representation of the score. Still it's very much out of order. The Christmas Song is the first source song heard, and it's track 12 on the CD! Frustrating. And I'm sure that "Learning The Ropes" is filled with all different cues that probably appear in different spots in the film.

I dunno I always thought the SPR soundtrack was decent. However, its main strength really was its "Hymn to the Fallen" theme which was not even in the movie tiself.

It was used during the end credits. :mrgreen:

Neil