Is this JW?

sulky

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I clicked on the link of this song, I thought it was going to be the Olympic music I remember hearing many times during the 1994 Lillehammer Olympics, but alas it wasn't. I've always wondered who wrote that music, but I've never heard it since. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

~Harry

As i asked onece, is the Barcelona '92 olimpic theme by Williams? Or by who?

Williams DID NOT wrote a Olympic Theme for the Barcelona games. But NBC arranged is 1984 Olympic Fanfare, featuring Leo Arnaud's "Blugler's Dream" on the beginning for the tv broadcasts.

What about '94?  Anyone?

~Harry  :?

If it was broadcast by CBS, then I might know what you're talking about. They've this fanfare that they like to use for their coverage of major sporting events.

Either way, I don't know who the composer was.

http://soundamerica.com/sounds/themes/Misc...sc/olympic2.wav

There wasn't any info for this cue but it sounds like JW's work.  

Is this the theme for the Special Olympics?

Is this even JW? Any info would be much appreciated!

This is actually a track titled "Entrance of the Nations" from the 1985 film 16 Days of Glory, composed by Lee Holdridge. The soundtrack has been issued several times on CD, most recently on the Laserlight label (Deutsche Grammaphone previously). A highly recommended CD!

What about '94?  Anyone?

Is this the one?

http://www.ilovewavs.com/TV/Sports/TV%20Th...994%20(CBS).wav

I have the name of the composer at home and will post it ASAP. I do recall that it is a female composer, although I can't remember her name right now.

My pleasure! :)

Next to the music of John Williams, music composed specifically for the Olympics and Olympic-related media is my greatest interest. Unfortunately, a great deal of this music is unreleased or available only on private promotional releases which are next to impossible to find.

BTW, I cannot find the name of the composer of 1994 CBS fanfare. I could have sworn that I had saved the reference but so far, I've come up empty-handed. :cry: