X-Men: Apocalypse (2016 film directed by Bryan Singer)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Should Jubilee even be in a movie set in the 80s when she was a teenager in the original trilogy?

Well at any rate, she was underused, so they want to use her -- a fan favorite -- in a more constructive way. Or somehow Apocalypse altered the timeline and allowed her to appear earlier. Or for all the continuity rebuilding they want to do, there are some things they don't care about continuing to do.

Jubilee was in a deleted scene in X2, but even then she didn't have a speaking part. I don't think she was in any of the other movies.

Jubilee was in a deleted scene in X2, but even then she didn't have a speaking part. I don't think she was in any of the other movies.

She was definitely in 1 (played by the same actor as 2) and 3 (recast). I think she finally got to do something in that one

Apparently, in the third film, she was with the Brotherhood of Mutants (that's her on the right with the purple hair):

X-Men_The_Last_Stand_-_Morlocks.jpg

I believe that's actually Psylocke, not Jubilee.

This made me smile:

Psylocke has one of X-Men’s more convoluted back stories, starting off as a British psychic and ending up as a Japanese ninja.

That's similar to the life story of Michael Jackson, King of Pop.

• 2 weeks later...