Interstellar SPOILERS ALLOWED Discussion thread

Jay

Sounds about right. After all, who can resist the call of nature?

Seriously, who here CAN resist? Show of hands.

It's RedBard now, but I get what you're saying.

Let's at least keep the flame wars and pissing contests PG rated (and on the ultra-rare occasion, PG-13).

It's usually the first sign. I've seen it too often in this place...

We may have a guest3 coming up...

But don't do it! You're one of the few members here I actually like!

Really the only bullshit that these Interstellar threads have created is from you. So far reactions on both the film and score have been overwelmingly positive. Yet as a prissy, entitled fanboy you keep defending the film against the slightest critique anyone might have. And usually in a way that involved insulting the person you respond too.

I agree with Stefan.

Why are YOU celebrating?! You won't even listen to the damn thing! You think you're too good for it don't you?

And is he actually taking a "break"? Sigh.

This place has a way of driving out the better ones...

Wait, are you saying that we're the bad ones, since we're still here?

He's saying that everyone here is capable of having poor choices of words, and everyone reacts in their own way.

TGP did what he saw fit. If he wants a break from the forum for a while, so be it.

But let's not hold it against each other. Bad blood needs to be avoided in situations like these.

Wait, are you saying that we're the bad ones, since we're still here?

He's saying that everyone here is capable of having poor choices of words, and everyone reacts in their own way.

TGP did what he saw fit. If he wants a break from the forum for a while, so be it.

But let's not hold it against each other. Bad blood needs to be avoided in situations like these.

Nah, I was just saying BB sucked.

;)

But seriously, Grey's responses weren't stellar, but others weren't exactly helping by responding with the same kind of tone.

But JWFan isn't always good at finding happy mediums.

But seriously, Grey's responses weren't stellar, but others weren't exactly helping by responding with the same kind of tone.

But JWFan isn't always good at finding happy mediums.

JWFan can't find anything because JWFan is not a person and therefore not sentient. It's the people who post in the forums that find happy mediums.

JWFan can't find anything because JWFan is not a person and therefore not sentient.

JWFAN has knowledge that spans this universe. And, yet with all this pure logic... JWFAN is barren, cold, no mystery, no beauty. I should have known. This simple feeling... is beyond JWFAN's comprehension. No meaning... no hope... and, mnac, no answers. It's asking questions. 'Is this... all I am? Is there nothing more?'

JWFan can't find anything because JWFan is not a person and therefore not sentient.

JWFAN has knowledge that spans this universe. And, yet with all this pure logic... JWFAN is barren, cold, no mystery, no beauty. I should have known. This simple feeling... is beyond JWFAN's comprehension. No meaning... no hope... and, mnac, no answers. It's asking questions. 'Is this... all I am? Is there nothing more?'

It's RedBard now. But what poetic language for a forum.

Yeah, Jason largely stayed out of the argument and only pointed out his observation recently. Before then, the most he's done is the occasional post where he tells Steef and Grey to stop bickering.

One plot issue a friend of mine picked up is everyone lands on planets without apparently scanning them.

Even today we know the exact surface conditions and weather on most of the planets and moons in our own solar system is. Surely a scan made before landing would have ruled those planets out straight away?

One plot issue a friend of mine picked up is everyone lands on planets without apparently scanning them.

Even today we know the exact surface conditions and weather on most of the planets and moons in our own solar system is. Surely a scan made before landing would have ruled those planets out straight away?

You have a short memory dude. We talked about that weeks ago. You phrased it exactly the same way too.

Correct:

Another one!

Bother Miller and Man land on planets that are too inhospitable for life. Why did they even lsnd? Did their crafts not have scanning equipment or probes capable of determining if a planet is suitable?

Even today we have been able to figure out the topography, chemical composition and lots of other info on every planet and moon in the solar system using probes and telescope and sensor data.

Isn't it a bit like Miller landing on Venus and finding out only then that it's completely inhospitable?

If TGP was here he would call me an ignorant asshole!

I don't even need to anymore. This post is evidence of that.

I'm your ghost Steffy. Banging away at the bookshelf of your mind.