Alien 5 by Neill Blomkamp

Jay

Being racist again!

South Africa also has locations of astonishing beauty.

He has not shown anything that would lead anyone to believe south Africa to be anything but a filthy nasty local.

Alex he could if he wanted I suppose.

He should film on Catalina Island.

Are you serious? I was at Catalina back in 2012, and man -- what a tourist-infected piece of shallowness that was. OK, some of the area was OK for hiking, but very little in terms of interesting vegetation. When it isn't touristy, it's barren. And not in an interesting, ALIEN/Iceland-kind of way.

South Africa, on the other hand, is known for some of the most spectacular nature in the world (rivalling New Zealand, Indonesia and other gems in the world). If you were indeed serious, I suggest googling around for a few samples. It's one of my favourite destinations.

South Africa as depicted by this director is a nasty unwiped hole. Catalina Island is beautiful despite your idiotic musings. Now if I suggest Yosemite you'll tell me that's bad too.

Josie has never left the USA, and he never will I'm sure.

I would gladly visit England and Australia. Maybe China.

The food is great. The best octopus I've ever eaten. And the shrimp. The best fruits for breakfast.

Some of the best pyramids outside Egypt are in central American.

"Gabriel, be careful.

India is a Third World country,

"Don't drink the water in India.

"It contains parasites that'll

make you really sick.

"Don't eat the food from the street

people, especially the street meat.

"It contains a parasite

that'll make you really sick.

"And most importantly,

there's a lot of crime over there.

"Don't stay out late.

When the sun goes down,

"you go down."

I'm like, "Is it that bad?"

"Parasites."

So I'm like, "Let me

get this straight.

"There's a lot of crime.

Don't stay out late.

"Don't eat any of the food

from the street vendors,

"and don't drink the water.

"Why does that sound familiar?

"That's Mexico!"

Yeah I'm sure that was no good but you didn't see it as it is. Director ND shows South Africa in a bad light. But he's isn't filming a travel log. He has not shown me as it is. Still I don't want to go where thousand die annually from Hippo attacks.

Sydney_zpsyjxj3rv7.jpg

London_5_zpstcq9ezhe.jpg

Safe picks, Joey, language and culture wise. You might as well stay in America!

Sydney_zpsyjxj3rv7.jpgLondon_5_zpstcq9ezhe.jpg

Safe picks, Joey, language and culture wise. You might as well stay in America!

Stay in Belgium please.

I've never really understood why there should be a conflict here. PROMETHEUS takes place hundreds of years before the plot in ALIENS -- and presumably in a different corner of the system. "A long time ago, in a galaxy, far, far away" and all that. Unless Blomkamp wanted to hint at some origin stories in his film. Apparently, there's a need for continuity backwards, but not forwards.

Hasnt Blomkamp stated that Alien 5 will not undo Alien 3 and Ressurection?

So apparently the continuity will remain intact in either direction

What are you talking about?

The only way he doesn't undo 3 and 4 at this point is if he includes wormholes and time travel and parallell universes -- as you yourself suggested. I believe he's made it pretty clear that he thinks the films moved in the "wrong" direction after ALIENS, and that he's taking the story in his own direction from there. He doesn't want to say that he wants to undo 3 and 4 out of respect for fans of the franchise, but it's pretty clear that that's exactly what he's doing.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a632875/neill-blomkamp-alien-5-will-not-undo-alien-3--alien-resurrection.html

"I'm not trying to undo Alien 3 or Alien: Resurrection - I just want it to be connected to Alien 1 and 2."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a632875/neill-blomkamp-alien-5-will-not-undo-alien-3--alien-resurrection.html

"I'm not trying to undo Alien 3 or Alien: Resurrection - I just want it to be connected to Alien 1 and 2."

Yeah -- again, he's just trying to be polite, a sneaky way of avoiding hostile reactions from fans of those movies -- but of course just adding confusion to the mix. And while he isn't necessarily undoing the FILMS per se (how could he?), he's obviously undoing the existing continuity. That was clear the moment he included Hicks in the storyline.

I could ask if the fans of Superman 3 and 4 were upset that Superman Returns ignored them by serving as a second sequel timeline to Superman 2, but I don't think there are any fans of Superman 3 and 4 to ask.

Yeah -- again, he's just trying to be polite, a sneaky way of avoiding hostile reactions from fans of those movies -- but of course just adding confusion to the mix. And while he isn't necessarily undoing the FILMS per se (how could he?), he's obviously undoing the existing continuity. That was clear the moment he included Hicks in the storyline.

Maybe not. If it takes place before Hicks dies.

What?!? So how would that happen, exactly? They climb out of their cryos, get 30 years older, have an adventure, then at the end of the film they climb back in, get 30 years younger and the film picks up where ALIEN 3 begins?

But none that Blomkamp is exploring to keep it all together, nor does he have any interest to.

I'm afraid these 'continuity scenarios' will only exist in the minds of us crazy fanboys.

• 1 month later...

I like Paxton but he immediately evokes that military feeling (no wonder they asked him to be the drill commander in Edge Of Tomorrow) with a comic edge. Might not be a good idea.

What?!? So how would that happen, exactly? They climb out of their cryos, get 30 years older, have an adventure, then at the end of the film they climb back in, get 30 years younger and the film picks up where ALIEN 3 begins?

Maybe Ripley finds an old savegame and quickloads the shit out of the storyline.

Didn't Wayne's World pull that trick back in the early 90s?

All they have to do is say that Aliens, Alien3 and Ressurection were all one gigantic dream. There, problem solved.

They actually did that in the TV series Dallas. It was like: Hey guys, remember the previous season? Never happened.

All they have to do is say that Aliens, Alien3 and Ressurection were all one gigantic dream. There, problem solved.

They actually did that in the TV series Dallas. It was like: Hey guys, remember the previous season? Never happened.

Didn't Roseanne do something stupid like that too?