BloodBoal

Terry Notary played Yazneg in those re-shot scenes, for the scene where he is watching the company from the ledge and the Warg chase and finally the Weathertop scene if I remember correctly from the documentaries.

Now that you mention it, I remember PJ saying Notary played Yazneg in the Weathertop scene. Not sure about the other two scenes, though.

You can see in the pick-up documentary Notary howling the lines Yazneg has in the Warg chase so he certainly did that scene. And he is astride one of those greenscreen rigs.

Guys, if all that is true, then why would Rawls be credited with playing Yazneg in the end credits instead of Notary? Going by what you are saying, Notary played Yazneg in every scene he has in the final cut!

Guys, if all that is true, then why would Rawls be credited with playing Yazneg in the end credits instead of Notary? Going by what you are saying, Notary played Yazneg in every scene he has in the final cut!

PJ is like that. Perhaps the credit was a consolation prize for Rawls. ;)

I'll check the pick-up documentary but I am pretty sure Notary redid most of the Yazneg scenes.

So then Rawls gets credited for playing Yazneg in the wide shots of the warg chase, even though Notary plays him in all scenes he has dialogue, including his first appearance, closeups of the warg chase, and the entire Weathertop scene? OK.......

I am inclined to agree with gkgyver. Who really cares? But as long as it keeps the discussion going. :P

So then Rawls gets credited for playing Yazneg in the wide shots of the warg chase, even though Notary plays him in all scenes he has dialogue, including his first appearance, closeups of the warg chase, and the entire Weathertop scene? OK.......

I checked the pick-up shoot documentary and it is definitely Terry Notary who plays Yazneg in both the Warg chase and on Weathertop. Either he played also the short ledge scene as well or that is Rawl's single appearance in the film.

You describe only yourself BloodBoal.

No way! There's also... You know... That guy... And that other guy...

Yes the nameless guy who is not listening to the soundtrack previews because he lives in a cave in the Himalayas.

But he isn't a nameless guy who lives in the Himalayas!

I wonder how long will this thread eventually be when we reach past the release date of TABA? And are we still battling over John Rawl's and Terry Notary's role in playing Yazneg? :P

I wonder how long will this thread eventually be when we reach past the release date of TABA? And are we still battling over John Rawl's and Terry Notary's role in playing Yazneg? :P

I thought we agreed that it was Conan Stevens who played Yazneg.

I thought it was Andrew Lesnie without make-up who played that role.

You describe only yourself BloodBoal.

No way! There's also... You know... That guy... And that other guy...

I'm with BloodBoal and that guy!

I AM that guy. Don't live in the Himalayas though.