Danny Elfman's Terminator Theme Revealed (April Fool's Prank)

Giftheck

I came across something very, very interesting. Somebody by the name of "loafsorlip" claimed to have the demos Danny Elfman recorded for Terminator Salvation before moving onto the main score. Amongst the demos he sent me, there was something marked "1M01 Main Titles (Early Version)". I opened it up and, would you believe it, it contained a version of the theme from Terminator 2. I asked if this was a hoax (if it was, it was a good one) and I got told that Elfman had every intention of starting the film out with the theme from the second film. When McG heard the theme, he ordered Elfman to drop it and create a new one, because he wanted a new theme for a new trilogy or some bull like that. Elfman, according to my source, was not happy. He had written a theme for the film but wanted to use the Terminator theme as a musical nod, similar to the several nods to past Terminator films that were within the film itself. He apparently decided that rather than have it all go to waste, he wrote a version of the cue "Marcus Decides" utilising the end of the main titles he composed. Of note is that he also wrote two inserts for the End Credits: the theme was supposed to play there but have an ascension to the second iteration of the Terminator theme in reference to the theme of the first film. It also contains an ending eerily similar to the one that ended Lorne Balfe's version of the theme.

I was told I could post these demos as there is no equivalent version available on the official recordings (as Elfman was not allowed to make it official).

1M1A "Main Titles": http://www.mediafire.com/download/1vhm9q94h5mf7ic/1M1A_Main_Title_%28Early_Version%29.mp3
6M7 "End Credits": http://www.mediafire.com/download/btgcgf7sw1fq4tt/6M7_End_Titles_%28Inserts_For_1M1_Tracking%29.mp3 (NOTE: He just recorded the bits that were meant to be switched out, the rest was from 1M1A)
6M7 with 1M1A edited in: http://www.mediafire.com/download/tteasth155m7sgh/6M7_End_Titles_%281M1P1_plus_6M7_Inserts%29.mp3

7 hours ago, Gistech said:

Somebody by the name of "loafsorlip" claimed to have the demos Danny Elfman recorded for Terminator Salvation before moving onto the main score.

With that name it has to be the real deal.

Happy April Fools? ? It all sounds too eerily familiar for me... That and the fact that "loafsorlip" comes up with nothing on Google... ?

Of course  this is an April fool's. I actually covered these themes myself as a way of testing out the EWQL Composer's Cloud I'm subscribed to. I know Elfman used Stormdrum 2 but I never would have been able to afford the VST containing that metal hit. I do wish Elfman had done a Terminator Theme for real - IIRC McG telling him not to cover the theme is true.