"If you don't love every single Star Wars movie, you're not a true fan!"

20 minutes ago, Brónach said:

I'll be ok if I'm not a Star Wars fan.

Of course. :) I'm not asking anyone to like the prequels. I'm just hoping they'll respect them. Saying George Lucas did a bad job with the prequels and then refusing to consider the must important piece of evidence to the contrary means your opinion is at least a little prejudiced (I'm not saying that you've done these things).

Just because you don't like something it's not necessarily bad.

14 minutes ago, WojinPA said:

So if you take a trio of good movies and make three more movies that take their pacing, rhythm, and major story moments from the earlier films, then those sequels by extension will also be good themselves? Even with crummy wooden dialogue and distracted acting? 

I think you just need to read the essay.

http://www.starwarsringtheory.com/ring-composition-chiasmus-hidden-artistry-star-wars-prequels/

This ring theory approach to analyzing the prequels sounds like those art projects where you divide a picture into equal sizes, then draw each section at random, then put them back together to see how closely your puzzle mimics the original work.

A movie needs to be more than the sum of its parts. No prequel is. 

Just now, WojinPA said:

This ring theory approach to analyzing the prequels sounds like those art projects where you divide a picture into equal sizes, then draw each section at random, then put them back together to see how closely your puzzle mimics the original work.

What?

2 minutes ago, WojinPA said:

You probably didn't have to draw in school, you're young. 

Oh, we did plenty, although it wasn't my strong suit, to say the least. :lol: I just didn't understand your comparison.

I'll need to watch the PT and OT again soon. I'll try to watch the prequels with a critical eye. Perhaps then my opinion will change. We'll see. 

I think I've said all I have to say for now on this matter. Thanks to all those who joined in the discussion -- opposing points of view are always interesting as they make you think about your own position and why you maintain it. :)