The Western Scores of Jerry Goldsmith

Brundlefly

• 4 months later...

I could finally listen to Hour of the Gun - and it is a favourite of mine, like in a second! You really hear the seriousness, the mature tone that the film has compared to the other western movies Goldsmith scored. Great re-recording, by the way!

• 2 months later...
On 23/06/2018 at 5:03 AM, Brundlefly said:

This is virtually a continuation of the "Crucial Jerry Goldsmith Scores that Nobody Knows"-thread

This has never been more true than now... LLL is putting out one of the most obscure Goldsmith western scores ever, for an unsold (though it did air!) 1970 pilot called Prudence and the Chief (basically a western retelling of Anna and the King)! Who'd like an advance listen to extensive samples of the previously unreleased music on this great new release? (over 40 minutes total over the two CDs!)

https://goldsmithodyssey.buzzsprout.com/159614/11302249-odyssey-soundtrack-spotlight-goldsmith-at-20th-vol-5-music-for-television-1968-1975

ab1c92e34c31b71f2c9b4764ea20c07e2ea05db0

Can't wait to hear what people think of this release. The neat thing is how it acts as a bridge between Goldsmith's two superb "Rio" scores, Rio Conchos (from which Goldsmith re-used/slightly modified his Lonely Indian theme) and Rio Lobo (which re-used the main theme from Prudence and the Chief composed earlier that year). BUT I should point out that there's a lot of interesting unique music in this score too, which is nothing like the music Goldsmith wrote for either of those two films... lots of samples included in this podcast!

Yavar