Quidditch IS in Prisoner of Azkaban.

JoeinAR

According to an article in Leaky Cauldron.

It seems our fears will not be realized. The rainstorm Quidditch match should be the most exciting Quidditch yet.

While the tapestry of the story is ripe for John's music, my only problem with POA is its lack of a real central villian in the film. Its sad that the summer film I am looking forward too the most, doesn't come out until next summer.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quidditch=good. Just a shame they can't make the movies twice as long. The movie Quidditch will never be as exciting as in the books, simply because they don't have the time to focus more on Harry's school work, where most of the tension comes from.

Marian - waiting. :wave:

Great! I was going to be really disappointed if it was excluded. I hope they do justice to the Grim sighting and Dementors during the matches.

Ray Barnsbury

Its sad that the summer film I am looking forward too the most, doesn't come out until next summer.

All the other HP films have been released in Nov. which is not in summer is this going to be diffrent with PoA?

Justin

All the other HP films have been released in Nov. which is not in summer is this going to be diffrent with PoA?  

as Neil pointed out, it is a summer 2004 release, though the final date is still pending.

WB wanted to release Matrix Revolution this Christmas and didn't want to compete against itself, so the thinking was to move HP to the summer, where the potential for big boxoffice is greater.

yeah, Ok Quidditch is in, but how come none of the quidditch captains etc etc are on board, plus, WHO is playing Trelawney already?!

Hey Wael, do you speak with a British accent?

While we're on the subject EA has the trailer of there upcoming game Harry Potter Quidditch world cup. Besides the amazing acrobatics, can't help but notice the score, sounds kinda good.

Here it is

http://www.harrypotter.ea.com/quidditch/mo.../QWCE3LoRes.mov

I hope it works. Its my first time linking some where.

Yeah Joe, i sort of do. I've been here in LA since 1989 so I've sort of gone half british half US

The score sounds awesome, a little dramatic for Quidditch, though. Can't wait to hear POA, especially the Quidditch scene. If they put the whole CD on AOL like w/ COS, would you listen to it or wait, not be spoiled?

If they put the whole CD on AOL like w/ COS, would you listen to it or wait, not be spoiled?

This time I'm sure I would listen. I waited with COS and it was agonizing, and maybe not worth it.

Ray Barnsbury

While we're on the subject EA has the trailer of there upcoming game Harry Potter Quidditch world cup. Besides the amazing acrobatics, can't help but notice the score, sounds kinda good.  

Here it is

http://www.harrypotter.ea.com/quidditch/mo.../QWCE3LoRes.mov

I hope it works. Its my first time linking some where.

Hmm, this sounds like something classic... Beethoven or Mozart, perhaps?

HONESTLY people! It is a classical piece, well it's from a classical piece. It's from a Requiem or an Oratorio.

This time I'm sure I would listen. I waited with COS and it was agonizing, and maybe not worth it.  

you don't like the Chamber of Secrets Ray?

Quidditch WC... Japan? U.S.A? Nordic??? "EA Games: Challenge everything" oh they're challenging every common sense there is now... interesting choice of music though. Didn't see Verdi coming :sadwavey:

Quidditch WC... Japan? U.S.A? Nordic??? "EA Games: Challenge everything" oh they're challenging every common sense there is now

Why do you say this?

I don't see anything wrong with them having different countries; obviously, if you've read the book, you'll catch on that there are many schools of Wizardry and Witchcraft around the world. I was particularly excited of the Japan footage.

you don't like the Chamber of Secrets Ray?

No no no, I didn't mean that at all. I love the score. I meant that hearing the score for the first time when I saw the film wasn't worth the 'pain' of having to wait so long. It was something I wanted to try, hearing it in the film first, but for PoA I will definitely listen to the score at the earliest possible time.

Ray Barnsbury

Oh.

Another quidditch match.

Good

I was just beginning to think, "You know, the second film had basically the same exact scene as the first one, so it would make it all the better to have the same scene in the third!"

sarcasm doesn't become you Kevin, besides, there are 2 quidditch matches of note in POA. One where something bad happens to Harry, the other something good happens, neither are like the first two.

Besides the 2nd match was nothing like the first.

sarcasm doesn't become you Kevin, besides, there are 2 quidditch matches of note in POA.  One where something bad happens to Harry, the other something good happens, neither are like the first two.

Besides the 2nd match was nothing like the first.

I agree the second quidditch was nothing like the first, it was more fluid realistic and sweeping. The special effects were much better the teams looked like they were actually their this time instead of infront a blue screen.

Really? I thought the opposite, well not the opposite, but I thought the whole scene looked exactly like the first one.

The second Quidditch match looked much better than the first one, but it lacked a certain thrill. It didn't have a beginning, and it was hardly about the actual game, just that mad bludger.

Marian - who found it disappointing.

I didn't find the first Quidditch match to look bad.... maybe odd lighting but it still looked fairly real. :wave:

well, hopefully in the third movie it'll be spectacular, and trelawney will be cast.

The second Quidditch match looked much better than the first one, but it lacked a certain thrill. It didn't have a beginning, and it was hardly about the actual game, just that mad bludger.

Marian - who found it disappointing.

I liked how it was handled. The match in the first film was a big deal. It was Harry and the audiences first match. It's supposed to be breathtaking. The second films match showed how routine quidditch is at the school.

Neil

Oi, you! Indy, Neil, will you get on AOL!!!! I need to talk to you.

But Quidditch isn't routine. Every single mention of Quidditch in the books is more exciting than all we've seen of it in the movies so far.

Marian - hoping it will not be missing from Phoenix.

But Quidditch isn't routine. Every single mention of Quidditch in the books is more exciting than all we've seen of it in the movies so far.

Maybe more exciting, but we can't be expected to believe that every Quidditch match at Hogwarts is comparable to the Super Bowl. The matches, while important, are part of the every day life at Hogwarts. This is one of the things I think the second film got right.

Neil

I see im not the only hp fan here, :roll: and i thought i was the only one who enjoyed the books here.

I see im not the only hp fan here,  and i thought i was the only one who enjoyed the books here.

Hardly, Ren, Marian, Ray, IrishCal, Ocelot, Harry Potter, Justin, Neil to an extent, and so many others here are HP fans.

Marian, I really don't agree that the book matches of Quidditch are any more exciting than the movies version(or not all of them). The first was very exciting and while not perfect production wise was a wonderful experience because of Daniel's performance, the action, and John's music. The second one set up the plot point of the danger Harry was in.