How many LOTR DVDs will you buy?

MrScratch

Which LOTR DVDs are you buying?  

20 members have voted

1. 1.

• I'm definitely buying both the theatrical and the extended versions of all three films!
    • Only the theatrical versions.
    • Only the extended versions.
    • I'll wait until both versions of each film is released, then I'll buy whichever I like better.
    • I don't want to own any of the LOTR films at all.

All this talk of the LOTR theatrical and extended DVDs I'm wondering... Will you buy both versions of each film? Will you hold out for the extendeds? Or, will you stick with the theatricals? Personally, I don't mind paying for quality plus I have a little of the collectors blood in me. So I'm going to pick up both versions of each LOTR film plus the inevitalbe complete set of all three films after they've all been released. Same goes for the soundtracks, I'm buying the collectors (leatherbound) edition of each soundtrack plus the complete LOTR boxed set that is sure to come out after all films have been released.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll but every legit DVD version, + several bootleg DVD's and SVCD's that i may come across.

Stefancos- who loves his anamorphic widescreen, DTS 5.1 surround DVD bootleg of TTT.

Is this the oscar promo TTT DVD? I have that but it only plays on my computer DVD player. :cry:

:( The Patriot (Williams)

I'm not getting any. I have FOTR, but only because my sister will buy ANYTHING that's hype. What's the point of owning a trilogy I can't stand 20 minutes into?

-Ross, who got dragged to the cinema to FOTR and TTT and will likely have to watch ROTK, but doesn't plan to say anything nice about it.

I have a bootleg oscar promo for TTT (thanks stefan) and it plays in my DVD player for my TV. I will wait for the extended version to come out.

Is this the oscar promo TTT DVD?  I have that but it only plays on my computer DVD player.   :cry:

Interesting. Mine (thanks Stefan :|) plays fine on the standalone player, but the only computer player I've found that can play it is WinDVD...

Anyway, I'll be happy with it as long as no official version is out, then I'll buy the European theatrical version DVD and later the Canadian extended one. (And that still won't be as many versions of the movie as I do have book versions of The Hobbit LOL )

Marian - in posession of both limited edition CDs.

I have the bootlegs of both films to date, but I must admit that I have not watched either. I got them, burned them to CD (and not in the format that will work on a DVD player, either, boohoo), and then basically forgot about them; college makes one really busy. I bought the Extended Edition of Fellowship and have watched it about four times (not counting the one time on the couch a month ago with someone really special, and neither she nor I remember much of the film...). I'll just wait for the Extended Edition of The Two Towers to come out, I'm in no real big hurry at this time.

Your poll left out one option:

"Wait for the inevitable super-dee-duper box set at the end of 2004 or whenever that includes Extra Extended Editions of all three parts of the film."

I'm not sure I could hold out that long. By then, I hope to have a really good job and lots of money, so I could afford to own each of the Extended Editions plus whatever massive box set comes out. Heck, I even want to find those Argonath bookends.

I'm curious, though, what color the box and artwork to The Two Towers: Extended will be. Fellowship was green, I'm betting a brown or orange theme for The Two Towers. And if this is already known, then I'm just a dumb@$$.

And Ren, if you have time to re-read The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings while in grad school, I take my hat off and salute you, because I sure as heck didn't have time during undergrad to read either TLOTR when I was in the middle of it two years ago, or North and South this past fall. Granted, I'm assuming you're not an engineering major; engineering is the bane of just about anything else besides math, science, homework, or sleep that you want to be doing. Oh, how I love it!

I saw both movies, both at a theatre and on DVD my die-hard-ring-fan friend rented, and I don't enjoy them half as much as I "should" to ever consider buying or even watching yet again. No, thanks. Too of a specific genre for my tastes, and although LotR breaks many of the imaginable cinematic records, it won't break my heart to pass Lord of the movies by.

I have the soundtracks, though.

Roman.-)

Well, my cousing keeps saying that when they rlease the three films on cinema, they are making a complete version of the movies (more extended than the extended versions...

Tough i dont know if that's fan's hopes or thr truth (is there any incongruences between released times and what they claimed to have shooted? )

"I just have a simple philosophy that nothing is ever perfect. There is no perfect cut of the film ? it doesn't exist ... We've shot over 5 million feet of 35mm film on this project, and there are infinite ways you could tell the story. You can generally keep improving the films the longer you can spend on them." - Peter Jackson

"I just have a simple philosophy that nothing is ever perfect. There is no perfect cut of the film ? it doesn't exist ... We've shot over 5 million feet of 35mm film on this project, and there are infinite ways you could tell the story. You can generally keep improving the films the longer you can spend on them." - Peter Jackson

Hey and who said someting similar?

Luke, not comparing, just pointing out...

Ummmm....i dunno...tell us.

:mrgreen:

Atleast New Line does not surpress it's earlier versions, unlike Lucasfilm.

Stefancos- who thinks GL can tinker with his films all he wants as long as he makes the previous versions avaiable (on DVD)

you know me, I'll buy both versions as I did the first film even though I already have the DVD of the Oscar Promo. I think it's only fair (for me, not anyone else!) that I pay for it when it is available... besides, all the extra stuff will be great, and easter eggs...