ROTK trailer is here!

Lost World was even worse, the only thing in the movie that's in the book is that contraption that rose above the ground. That's about it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lost World was even worse, the only thing in the movie that's in the book is that contraption that rose above the ground. That's about it.

That, and the fact that it takes place on Isla Sorna in the first place and not Isla Nublar, where the dinosaurs run free...as well as the whole sequence about stealing the baby tyrannosaurus and then the double trailer being pitched over the cliff. Critics condemned that aspect of the film, saying it was ridiculous to kidnap the baby in an attempt to heal him, but, hey! it's in the book, you can't knock it if it's in the book.

But yea, Lost World *was* worse than the original.

I was forgiving and even enjoyed The Lost World up until the gymnastics bit with the raptors. At that point, I knew the movie was really in trouble, I just didn't realize it would be as disasterous as the Godzilla rip-off Spielberg attempted to pass off as the third act.

I was talking about the translation of the book to the movie. The actual movie I LOVE and I ain't ashamed to say that. The long grass scene and the cracking window scenes are AWESOME.

I agree, The Lost World is fantastic. The two scenes Kevin mentioned are great; the cracking window/bus over the ledge is among the most suspenseful scenes I've ever seen, right up there with the kitchen scene from the original JP. And I never understood people's problems with the T-rex in San Diego. It's not supposed to be a deep and serious film moment, it's supposed to be a hell of a lot of fun, and it is. Though the original JP is a classic and still the best of the series.

Ray Barnsbury-who thinks JP 3 was way below the quality of the first two films

Very well said, Ray.

Hell, JP3 downright sucked. But I think I need to see it again, haven't seen it since it was in theaters.

• 2 weeks later...