John Wlliams Pianos

NicoBerg147

So does one of you guys think this is correct?

John Williams owns a Steinway D (Hamburg), a Steinway C (Hamburg) and in his studio a Steinway B (New York).

I think he has also used a rosewood Steinway A, which was vintage and was carried for him to Tangelwoods...

Good question. I have no idea.

But the correct headline should be: "John Williams' Pianos" and not "John Wlliams Piano´s". 

Unless you want to indicate, that the instrument owns its player and not the player owns the instrument.

I seem to remember a piano from JW's studio (the bungalow?) going to Michael Giacchino 

Interestingly I remember an old piano from L.Berstein being in the basement of one of the music buildings on the USC campus 

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/11/2022 at 2:29 PM, GerateWohl said:

Good question. I have no idea.

But the correct headline should be: "John Williams' Pianos" and not "John Wlliams Piano´s". 

Unless you want to indicate, that the instrument owns its player and not the player owns the instrument.

A piano always owns its player, so you better be nice to it.

On 27/11/2022 at 1:26 PM, NicoBerg147 said:

So does one of you guys think this is correct?

John Williams owns a Steinway D (Hamburg), a Steinway C (Hamburg) and in his studio a Steinway B (New York).

I think he has also used a rosewood Steinway A, which was vintage and was carried for him to Tangelwoods...

The more important question here, is whether JW used a rosewood Steinway for composing the music to Rosewood.