First Impressions: The SCORES of 2023

Jay

1 hour ago, filmmusic said:

WOW! If you love 80s Horner, you'll want to hear this! And it's for a short film!

Yes, I got this from Fabrizio a couple of weeks ago. It's a solid composition, although perhaps wandering somewhat aimlessly here and there.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, filmmusic said:

I'm a member of a facebook soundtracks group, and we had our own "best of 2023" scores!:yes:

https://www.itscorez.com/index.php?route=journal3/blog/post&journal_blog_post_id=38

As you see, The Universal Theory for me.

Not a lot of overlap with my own selections there (and some I even outright disliked), but kudos to Kostas for mentioning THE CREATOR and Pavlos for LE THEOREME DE MARGUERITE. Both of these featured on my own top 10.

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/03/2024 at 1:22 PM, filmmusic said:

WOW! If you love 80s Horner, you'll want to hear this! And it's for a short film!

Thanks to your recommendation, I listened to this and quite enjoyed it! 

BTW, it took me forever to find this post because you didn't put the name of the score in it so you cant' find it by searching.  So I'll add it here in case anyone wants to look up discussion in the future

Fabrizio Mancinelli - Go For Grandma

Wow!  A nice score that reminded me of the type of scoring we'd get regularly throughout the 80s and 90s.  It's a shame these types of works are so rare these days, but it's so nice to know that they are still coming out, and by new names too.  I'd have to listen again to be able to give any more detailed feedback, and I suspect that second listen will happen soon!