Danny Elfman's HELLBOY II: THE GOLDEN ARMY (2008) - 2024 Varese Deluxe Edition

Jay

• 2 weeks later...

A little bummed they left off the last 2 cues. I never heard the "unofficial" release but found the track list online. Plus it I need to hang on to the original Varese release since they shortened the finale.

8 hours ago, Ollie said:

A little bummed they left off the last 2 cues. I never heard the "unofficial" release but found the track list online. Plus it I need to hang on to the original Varese release since they shortened the finale.

Did they really shorten it? The original album had a hidden bonus source cue at the end.

Karol

Hmm, I’ll have to go back and listen to the original finale cue. I was looking at track titles and times on all 3 versions. 

On 26/02/2024 at 10:12 PM, Edmilson said:

the cues for the final duel (6m05a Duel Intro and 6m05b Challenge Duel) aren't in the OST either. I was hoping that at least one of them would feature in an abridged version in the OST track Finale, but nope, that track has the actual cue named Finale (6M06) and on the final three minutes left is just the troll market source music. :(

Oops missed that post. 😂

But yes the OST does indeed have the market music at the end.😄

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/02/2024 at 11:38 AM, Tom Guernsey said:

Release Comments (with additional bitching... sorry)

At the risk of this being an epic moan of a post (something I'm generally against but these feel like more legitimate complaints than "why did Intrada release this again?"), but some of the tracks sound like the natural decay of the note has been cut off on a few tracks so it sounds like the note has been abruptly been cut off? It's the sort of thing you get with boots(or shonky legit release) from film stems or similar. Anyone else hear it? I could be persuaded that it's just an issue with the digital files from Presto, but I've never had an issue with anything downloaded from their site before and my FLAC to Apple Lossless converter (MediaHuman Audio Converter) has never given me any problems before.

Can anyone who bought the physical version of Hellboy II advise whether the issue I noted with reverb/decay apparently being cut off early (and others confirmed was not just me!) is a problem on the CD tracks or is it just an issue with the digital release?

• 2 weeks later...

I had to buy another copy of this because I broke the second disc when I tried to get it out....

Anyway, I got it today, and lo and behold, the electric guitar is removed from 'Market Fight'.  Maybe you're on to something, @Edmilson