Johnny Douglas's SPIDERMAN AND HIS AMAZING FRIENDS (1981)

I hope to see more of this kind of thing, for vintage animation.  I did grow up with the show, and like the earlier GI Joe release, it is missing a few memorable cues. This one, more than the GI Joe.  But hopefully there will be more to come. 

Listened to this when it was uploaded, but honestly it was to see if it had any music that was reused in Transformers. And it did, the Rock Jazz track was in Megatrons Master Plan Part 1. So greatfull to have that. But I actually enjoyed the other tracks and the themes for the various characters. 

Never seen this show but I know it's Dan Gilvezans favourite role, getting to play Spider-Man meant so much to him, so might have to check it out on Disney plus. 

Dulcima Records is planning to release Johnny Douglas’ music for the Dungeons and Dragons animated series later this year. The Transformers album that was previously issued on LP will also be re-released digitally as part of the 40th anniversary.

I would give anything to have Udi Harpaz’ score to THE CENTURIONS. It was my favorite animated series as a child. Years ago I contacted Harpaz and he told me that unfortunately the original tapes were lost, but he had the score on cassette tape somewhere, but I think he couldn’t locate them eventually. So now the only way to get it is the isolated music track or if you rip the final mix with the dialogue, which is what I did. A great main theme and score.

On 04/03/2024 at 8:13 PM, filmmusic said:

I just discovered this release from Neumation's facebook.

I don't know if anyone grew up with this series but this was one of my most wanted TV animation soundtracks.

Alas, the 17 minutes of this release don't include all the music cues that I remembered from the show (I just browsed the first episode to confirm that there was other music indeed too).

Neumation says this must be a teaser. I hope so!

I still remember the intro theme occasionally to this day.

I liked some of the music he did for The Incredible Hulk series that was paired with Spiderman and his Amazing Friends back in the early 80's