Sequel Trilogy? Hmmmmmm.....

stewdog1

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sensed a certain joy in the visuals of Dark City not evident in BR. But as I said in the Scott thread, my negative opinion of BR is far from final, and I suspect will change one of these days, so I'm not gonna bash BR.

But I found Dark City to be refreshing, visualy challenging, to have great story and to bring a new element to the genres it took from. The Matrix seems like a bigger budget nockoff.

Come on, what´s up with you? You hope that Lucas dies so that you can get good SW Films?!? That´s quite an agressive thought IMO. Finally, he´s still the guy that invented the series, that invented the characters, the story...

These are his movies, and i think he can do what he wants with them (i know that´s been mentioned before). Moreover, i don´t know if Episode I is sooo bad if you really see it before the OT, especially if you´re young. I know a lot of people that hadn´t seen a SW film before and thought Episode I was awesome. I think the first generation that is really able to do critics of the new films is the generation that experiences the movies in their correct order...

on the bottom of the article you can find this:

Including Steven Spielberg, who is also connected to Episode III in some specific way, believe it or not.

???

I would probably even lose a great deal of respect for the originals if a sequel trilogy would be made. You would no longer be able to say Star Wars is good, because only a small part of it would be.....

I don't see how, by making additional movies to the series, that it would ruin the series in its entirety. I mean Star Trek did it, and they've made movies- on up to the double digits of that series- so honestly whats the big deal. I mean I don't take a movie out of any context, besides it being a movie. After all isn't that what it is. And what's with all the Lucas bashing, I mean he is the reason the series is out anyways. I mean if he never had this dream, would you ever get to hear some of Williams' finest works? I mean to think of never hearing Duel of the Fates would suck. So come on you guys.

I think the first generation that is really able to do critics of the new films is the generation that experiences the movies in their correct order...  

Thats right!

and that generation is our generation who saw the films in the correct order:

1) ANH

2) ESB

3) ROTJ

and NO OTHERS!

You mean:

4) ANH

5) ESB

6) ROTJ

(and NO OTHERS!)

To call ANH, ESB and ROTJ; 4, 5, and 6 respectively is to imply that there are Star Wars Episodes 1-3 which IMO there is not.

There are movie which masquerade as them but are not reallytrue SW films.

Not that I have recieved my wonderfull DVD bootlegs of the original trilogy before Lucas felt the need to add loads of CGI to them, I really no longer care about when he will release what, and in what order.

Stefancos- testwatching TESB. :P

After Episode III he needs to stop. Anakin's fall to the Dark Side has been pretty lackluster. I can't imagine Episode's 7 8 & 9 being any better. Plus I don't want any other composer other than Williams to score the films.

The only interesting trilogy would be to make Timothy Zahn's Heir To The Empire books into films but that won't happen.

I think a sequel trilogy might work if they concentrate on the adventures of Jacen, Jaina and Anakin Solo and the new Jedi Order... but that's pretty much the only possibility, considering how much the main actors have aged by now. Ford would still work, Hamill might work but Fisher and probably Billy Dee Williams would be counted out at once if a trilogy of the Zahn books were to be filmed!

I wonder what sort of divine powers to Goblet of Williams bestows upon the drinker?

Eternal Life is already taken.

Maybe eternal baldness? There is something which lasts forever. ROTFLMAO

Anyway, back on topic ....

As I've said before. I want a TOTALLY original storyline. Set any sequel trilogy centuries after ROTJ.

With a COMPLETELY new line of characters. Make it about a new rise of the Sith or something,

Yeah, same here. I don't want any books being the guideline for a new possible trilogy. But we certainly need a new director. Sergio Leone should rise from the death and do Episode VII. Frankly, I really have NO clue as to what director, working in Hollywood today, I would choose for a new trilogy. Except for maybe Spielberg.

----------------

Alex Cremers

Raimi is too busy with Spidey right now. There is a series with life still left in it.

Raimi will not be too busy if he get's a call from George. It's hard to say no to George.

"OK George, I'll do it! But on one condition. You're out!"

----------------

Alex Cremers

And I think the Spiderman series will have a very limited shelf life. The first one was fun, better than I thought it would be, but it doesn't come close to recreating the comic book (which IMO only Batman ans Superman managed to do, if to a limited extent).

Raimi is too busy with Spidey right now. There is a series with life still left in it.

Raimi will not be too busy if he get's a call from George. It's hard to say no to George.

"OK George, I'll do it! But on one condition. You're out!"

----------------

Alex Cremers

Hey right now the Spiderman series is bigger than the SW series.

Its sad but true.